The Leading Hotels of the World
New York City, US
The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd (LHW) is a marketing organization, representing more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries. Established in 1928 by European hoteliers, LHW is headquartered in New York City.
The company was established in 1928 by a group of European hoteliers. With 38 initial members, among them Hotel Negresco in Nice, the Mena House in Cairo and King David Hotel in Jerusalem, the organization was initially known as "The Luxury Hotels of Europe and Egypt".
The founders opened an office in New York, Hotel Representative, Inc (HRI). By the end of the 1960s, HRI had grown to represent 70 hotels – all of which were in Europe.
The properties include independent and unusual hotels throughout the world, including former castles, mountain hideaways, safari camps and private islands. Hotels seeking to join must have a referral from an existing member hotel and apply for admission.
- "Fact Sheet: Leading Hotels of the World". www.lhw.com. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Ritz Carlton Earns Distinction". Palm Desert Post (via Newspapers.com). 16 November 1988. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Reynolds, Christopher (11 June 2000). "Luxury Hotel Groups Offer Quality in Numbers". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Marx, Linda (2005). "The CEO of luxury". Palm Beach Life. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Company History". lhw.com. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Goldberg, Lyssa (9 November 2016). "7 South Florida Resorts That Are Leading Hotels Of The World". The Palm Beacher. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- Salamone, Gina (19 March 2019). "Miami's Mid-Beach continues to transform into the city's hottest seaside strip". New York Daily News. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Leading Hotels of the World.|