The Legendary Fok
|The Legendary Fok|
DVD cover art
|Mandarin||Daai6 Hap6 Fok3 Jyun4 Gaap3|
|Genre||Costume drama, martial arts|
|Screenplay by||Cheung Wah-piu|
|Directed by||Tsui Siu-ming|
|Opening theme||Man Lei Cheung Sing Wing Bat Dou (萬里長城永不倒) performed by Johnny Yip|
|Country of origin||Hong Kong|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Production location(s)||Hong Kong|
|Running time||45 minutes per episode|
|Original release||28 September 1981|
The Legendary Fok is a Hong Kong television series loosely based on the life of the Chinese martial artist Huo Yuanjia (Cantonese: Fok Yuen-gap). It includes a subplot based on the story of Chen Zhen (Cantonese: Chan Zan), a fictional student of Huo Yuanjia and the protagonist of the 1972 film Fist of Fury. The series was first broadcast in 1981 on RTV (now ATV) in Hong Kong.
- Note: Some of the characters' names are in Cantonese romanisation.
- Wong Yuen-sun as Fok Yuen-gap
- Bruce Leung as Chan Zan
- Michelle Yim as Chiu Sin-nam
- Bonnie Ngai as Wong Sau-chi (Sakurako)
- Newton Lai as Lung Hoi-sang
- Bill Tung as Fok Yan-tai
- Cheng Lui as Chiu Sing-hin
- Mak Tin-yan as Wong Hei-man (Tanaka)
- Lau Kong as Fok Yuen-mou
- Tam Wing-kit as Lau Chun-shing
- Yeung Kar-on as Luk Tai-on
- Gam San as Chiu Chun-nam
- Yip Tin-hang as Chiu Chun-bak
- Ng Kwok-sing as Fok Yuen-ying
- Ng Wui as Chau-ye
A remake of the series, Huo Yuanjia (a.k.a. The Legendary Fok 2008), was released in 2008. It was directed by Kuk Kwok-leung and starred Ekin Cheng, Jordan Chan, Zhou Muyin, Bryan Leung, Ding Li and Qu Yue.
The opening theme song of The Legendary Fok, performed by Johnny Yip, was reused as the opening theme song of Huo Yuanjia (2008) and Huo Yuanjia (2001). However, in Huo Yuanjia (2001), the song was sung in Mandarin instead of Cantonese and was not sung by Yip.
- The Legendary Fok reviews on spcnet.tv