The Leprechaun (Chick Corea album)
|Studio album by Chick Corea|
|Chick Corea chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Leprechaun is an album by Chick Corea recorded and released in 1976.
The album was recorded during Corea's time with his jazz fusion group Return to Forever. Though the album is more jazz oriented than anything Return to Forever had produced up to that time, the fusion edge still rings through quite clearly. Corea was awarded the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Performance by a Group for the album and the Grammy Award for the Best Instrumental Arrangement for "Leprechaun's Dream, Pt. 1" at the 19th Annual Grammy Awards in 1977.
All pieces composed by Chick Corea unless otherwise noted.
- "Imp's Welcome" – 2:56
- "Lenore" – 3:26
- "Reverie" – 2:01
- "Looking at the World" (Lyrics: Neville Potter) – 5:29
- "Nite Sprite" – 4:33
- "Soft and Gentle" (Gayle Moran) – 5:09
- "Pixiland Rag" – 1:11
- "Leprechaun's Dream Part 1" – 6:29
- "Leprechaun's Dream Part 2" – 6:34
- Chick Corea – Piano, keyboards, electric organ, synthesizer, percussion
- Danny Cahn, John Gatchell, Bob Millikan – trumpet
- Wayne Andre, Bill Watrous – trombone
- Joe Farrell – saxophone
- Ani Kavafian, Ida Kavafian – violin
- Louise Shulman – viola
- Fred Sherry – cello
- Eddie Gómez – double bass
- Anthony Jackson – bass guitar
- Steve Gadd – drums
- Gayle Moran – vocals
|1976||Billboard R&B Albums||32|
|1976||Billboard Jazz Albums||1|
- Yanow, Scott. "The Leprechaun - Chick Corea | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 50. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- "The Leprechaun - Chick Corea | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Chick Corea - The Leprechaun (LP) at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
|This 1970s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|