The Light at the End (audio drama)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond a mere trivial mention. If notability cannot be shown, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted.
(September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Light at the End|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Directed by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Length||1 hr 57 mins|
|Release date||23 October 2013|
The Light at the End is a Big Finish Productions audio drama celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The story was written by Nicholas Briggs and stars Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann as the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors, respectively.
Three versions of the drama were released: a 2-disc CD standard edition featuring the 2 hour story; a 5-disc CD limited collectors edition featuring two additional documentaries and a bonus companion chronicle audio drama; and a 4-disc limited vinyl edition.
23 November 1963 proves to be a significant day in the lives of all eight Doctors...
It's the day that Bob Dovie's life is ripped apart...
It's also a day that sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events which forces the first eight incarnations of the Doctor to fight for their very existence. As a mysterious, insidious chaos unfolds within the TARDIS, the barriers of time break apart...
From suburban England through war-torn alien landscapes and into a deadly, artificial dimension, all these Doctors and their companions must struggle against the power of an unfathomable, alien technology.
From the very beginning, it is clear that the Master is somehow involved. By the end, for the Doctors, there may only be darkness.
- The First Doctor – William Russell
- The Second Doctor – Frazer Hines
- The Third Doctor – Tim Treloar
- The Fourth Doctor – Tom Baker
- The Fifth Doctor – Peter Davison
- The Sixth Doctor – Colin Baker
- The Seventh Doctor – Sylvester McCoy
- The Eighth Doctor – Paul McGann
- Leela – Louise Jameson
- Nyssa – Sarah Sutton
- Peri – Nicola Bryant
- Ace – Sophie Aldred
- Charley – India Fisher
- Ian Chesterton – William Russell
- Susan Foreman – Carole Ann Ford
- Vicki – Maureen O'Brien
- Steven Taylor – Peter Purves
- Sara Kingdom – Jean Marsh
- Polly Wright – Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon – Frazer Hines
- Zoe Heriot – Wendy Padbury
- Jo Grant – Katy Manning
- Tegan Jovanka – Janet Fielding
- Vislor Turlough – Mark Strickson
- Bob Dovie – John Dorney
- Kevin Dovie – Benedict Briggs
- Straxus – Oliver Hume
- The Vess – Nicholas Briggs
- The Master – Geoffrey Beevers
Awards and nominations
|Audie Awards||2015||Best Package Design||Won|||
|BBC Audio Drama Awards||2014||Best Online or Non-Broadcast Drama||Longlisted|||