The List (magazine)
Weekly (during Edinburgh Festivals)
|Company||The List Ltd.|
|Based in||Edinburgh, Scotland|
The List is a digital guide to arts and entertainment in the United Kingdom.
The company's activities include events data gathering, content syndication, and running a network of websites carrying listings and editorial, covering film, eating and drinking, music, theatre, visual art, dance, kids and family, clubs and the Edinburgh Festivals. Originally launched in 1985 as a fortnightly arts and entertainment magazine covering Edinburgh and Glasgow, The List magazine is now published every two months throughout the year, and weekly during the Edinburgh Festivals in August.
The List is an independent limited company and was founded in October 1985 by Robin Hodge.
The List supplies UK-wide listings information to a number of organisations and publications, including, STV (TV channel), SportScotland and Glasgow City Marketing Bureau. The List′s website also allows event promoters to submit new event listings and enhance existing ones with more information, links and media content.
The List is a member of the group of organisations who developed an International Venue and Event Standard (IVES) www.ives.info.
The List is a member of the PPA.
The List publishes several printed guides throughout the year. These include the Edinburgh Festival Guide, the Eating & Drinking Guide, which includes reviews of over 900 restaurants, cafes and bars in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and the annual Guide to Scotland's Festivals.
The List also publishes a series of guides under the Larder imprint. Since 2009, it has published two national editions and more than ten regional editions. The Larder provides comprehensive information and articles about producers and sources for local food and drink across Scotland.
List.co.uk provides UK-wide event listings in a format optimised for use on mobile devices. The site delivers 3-4 million monthly page impressions from 1.5 million unique users. The network of sites includes dedicated websites for Film, Food & Drink and Edinburgh Festivals.
- Best Online Presence, PPA Scotland Awards 2008, 2009, 2013
- Best Digital Strategy, PPA Scotland Awards 2011
- Allen Wright Award, Fringe Society 2011, 2012
- Best Use of Mobile (Shortlisted), AOP UK 2014
Notable regular contributors (past and present)
- Phil Kay - Stand-up comedian
- David Keenan - Author, critic and musician
- Penny Thomson - Director, EIFF
- List.co.uk contains arts & entertainment listings and reviews. Winner of Best Online Presence at the PPA awards in 2008 and 2009.
- List Film contains UK-wide cinema times and film reviews.
- Edinburgh Festival Guide contains full listings and reviews for all the Edinburgh Festivals.
- List Food contains reviews of restaurant throughout Scotland and profiles of Scottish food producers