The Lodge (TV series)
|Based on||North Star|
by Michal Cooper Keren
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Starting Over, Starting Now"|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||25 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Steven Andrew|
|Running time||21–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Zodiak Kids Studios|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||23 September 2016– present|
The Lodge is a British musical drama and mystery television series that premiered in the United Kingdom on Disney Channel on 23 September 2016 and in the United States on Disney Channel on 17 October 2016. The series is based on the Israeli series North Star and stars Sophie Simnett, Luke Newton, Thomas Doherty, Bethan Wright, Jayden Revri, Jade Alleyne, Joshua Sinclair-Evans, and Mia Jenkins.
Fifteen-year-old Skye moves with her father from the big city to rural Northern Ireland, where they take over a local hotel called North Star Lodge, which was previously owned and managed by Skye's grandfather. At their new home, Skye tries to build a life, but this new life is far from complication free as she must navigate through the everyday stresses of life as a teenager. She struggles to integrate into a group of teenagers who live and work in the hotel, but discovers that most of them do not have good intentions. When she discovers that her father is planning to sell the hotel, Skye becomes upset as she has developed an emotional attachment to it. Skye decides to convince her father not to sell the hotel only to discover that the man wanting to buy it is her new friend's father. Skye receives the support of her friends, but not everyone is as interested as she is in saving it. Skye discovers secrets over time that will affect not only her life, but that of the hotel.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||17 October 2016||25 November 2016|
|2||15||9 June 2017||3 November 2017|
- Sophie Simnett as Skye
- Luke Newton as Ben
- Thomas Doherty as Sean
- Bethan Wright as Danielle
- Jayden Revri as Noah
- Jade Alleyne as Kaylee
- Joshua Sinclair-Evans as Josh
- Mia Jenkins as Alex (season 2)
- Marcus Garvey as Ed
- John Hopkins as SJ
- Geoffrey McGivern as Patrick
- Dan Richardson as Gil
- Ellie Taylor as Christina
- Laila Rouass as Olivia
- Dominic Harrison as Oz
- Tom Hudson as Kyle
- Martin Anzor as Aaron
- Sarah Nauta as Lori
- Clara Rugaard as Ana
- Cameron King as Ethan
- Emma Campbell-Jones as Ella
- Lina Larissa Strahl as Frankie
- Kimberley Walsh as Rebecca
- Dove Cameron as Jess
In July 2015, the British Disney Channel gave the green light for the production of the series The Lodge, which had the working title of North Star.. For the first season, 13 episodes were originally announced, each with a running time of 22 minutes, though the amount was later reduced to 10 episodes. The main character, Skye, was originally named Maia, like in the Israeli Disney Channel original series North Star. The series The Lodge, filmed in Northern Ireland, takes place in the county of County Down. Most of the scenes are filmed in Montalto Estate and at The Carriage Rooms, which are in Ballynahinch.
On 13 December 2016, it was announced that the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered in 2017. On 21 February 2017, it was announced that production had begun on the second season and it would consist of 15 episodes.
The premiere episode of The Lodge, "The New Girl", was released online in the UK on 8 September 2016, more than two weeks before its television premiere. The series premiered in the United States on Disney Channel on 17 October 2016. At the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017, the series will be released in 108 additional countries within the EMEA region.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||10||23 September 2016||0.26||25 November 2016||0.12||0.17|
|2||15||9 June 2017||0.14||3 November 2017||0.10||0.11|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||10||17 October 2016||0.80||25 November 2016||0.60||0.73|
- Seán Brosnan (24 March 2016). "Disney Channel Series The Lodge Begins Filming in Northern Ireland". IFTN. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Disney Channel Greenlights New Local Production North Star". Zodiak Media. 10 July 2015. Archived from the original on 2016-08-28. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Disney Channel Begins Filming The Lodge in Northern Ireland". Discover Northern Ireland. 24 March 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- Wendy Goldman Getzler (10 July 2015). "Disney Lights Up North Star in Europe". Kidscreen. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Disney Channel: Major Musical Drama The Lodge Filming in Northern Ireland". BBC. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Disney's The Lodge: Watch first full episode of musical filmed in Northern Ireland". Belfast Telegraph. 20 September 2016. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Disney Channel UK (13 December 2016). The Lodge | Season 2 Coming 2017!. YouTube. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- David Sztypuljak (21 February 2017). "The first look photos from Disney's The Lodge Season 2 as production begins". HeyUGuys. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Disney's The Lodge Season 2 starts production in Northern Ireland". Advanced Television. 21 February 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- Elizabeth Wagmeister (30 August 2016). "Musical Mystery Series 'The Lodge' to Be Distributed Globally by Disney Channel". Variety. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- "Weekly Top 10 Programmes". BARB. Select "Disney Channel Total" and choose the week the episode aired.
- Mitch Metcalf (18 October 2016). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.17.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- Mitch Metcalf (29 November 2016). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.25.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved 2016-11-29.