The Lodge (TV series)
|Based on||North Star|
by Michal Cooper Keren
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Starting Over, Starting Now"|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||25 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Steven Andrew|
|Running time||21–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Zodiak Kids Studios|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||23 September 2016 –|
3 November 2017
The Lodge is a British musical drama and mystery television series that premiered in the United Kingdom on Disney Channel on 23 September 2016 and in the United States on Disney Channel on 17 October 2016. The series is based on the Israeli series North Star and stars Sophie Simnett, Luke Newton, Thomas Doherty, Bethan Wright, Jayden Revri, Jade Alleyne, Joshua Sinclair-Evans, and Mia Jenkins.
Fifteen-year-old Skye moves with her father Ed from the big city to rural Northern Ireland, where they take over a local hotel called North Star Lodge, which was previously owned and managed by Skye's grandfather Patrick. At their new home, Skye tries to build a life, but this new life is far from complication free as she must navigate through the everyday stresses of life as a teenager. She struggles to integrate into a group of teenagers who live and work in the hotel, but discovers that most of them do not have good intentions. When she discovers that her father is planning to sell the hotel to Gil, Skye becomes upset as she has developed an emotional attachment to it. Skye decides to convince her father not to sell the hotel only to discover that the man wanting to buy it is her new friend's father. Skye receives the support of her friends, but not everyone is as interested as she is in saving it. Skye discovers secrets over time that will affect not only her life, but that of the hotel.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||17 October 2016||25 November 2016|
|2||15||9 June 2017||3 November 2017|
Cast and characters
- Sophie Simnett as Skye, a girl who moves to the North Star Lodge.
- Luke Newton as Ben, a repairman at the North Star Lodge who enjoys the outdoors.
- Thomas Doherty as Sean, a worker at the North Star Lodge who enjoys mountain biking.
- Bethan Wright as Danielle, Skye's frenemy, Sean's ex-girlfriend, and Ben's girlfriend.
- Jayden Revri as Noah, worker at the North Star Lodge who is a DJ.
- Jade Alleyne as Kaylee, a worker at the North Star Lodge who plans to be a singer.
- Joshua Sinclair-Evans as Josh, Skye's friend from the city who she contacts for advice.
- Mia Jenkins as Alex (season 2), the cousin of Skye.
- Marcus Garvey as Ed, the father of Skye.
- John Hopkins as SJ, the uncle of Kyle and Aaron.
- Geoffrey McGivern as Patrick, the grandfather of Skye and the original owner of the North Star Lodge.
- Dan Richardson as Gil, the father of Sean.
- Ellie Taylor as Christina, the director of the reality series "My Amazing Life."
- Laila Rouass as Olivia, the mother of Danielle.
- Dominic Harrison as Oz, a singer who is a temporary love interest for Kaylee.
- Tom Hudson as Kyle, the nephew of SJ.
- Martin Anzor as Aaron, the nephew of SJ.
- Sarah Nauta as Lori, a girl who worked for Christina.
- Clara Rugaard as Ana, Ben's ex-girlfriend from Norway who befriends Danielle.
- Cameron King as Ethan, the younger brother of Ben who enjoys rock-climbing.
- Emma Campbell-Jones as Ella, the mother of Sean.
- Lina Larissa Strahl as Frankie, a student at Kaylee's music college.
- Kimberley Walsh as Rebecca
- Dove Cameron as Jess, a friend of Sean who enjoys competitive biking.
|The Lodge: Season 2||
In July 2015, Disney Channel UK gave the green light for the production of the series The Lodge, which had the working title of North Star. For the first season, 13 episodes were originally announced, each with a running time of 22 minutes, though the amount was later reduced to 10 episodes. The main character, Skye, was originally named Maia, like in the Israeli Disney Channel original series North Star. The series The Lodge, filmed in Northern Ireland, takes place in the county of County Down. Most of the scenes are filmed in Montalto Estate and at The Carriage Rooms, which are in Ballynahinch.
On 13 December 2016, it was announced that the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered in 2017. On 21 February 2017, it was announced that production had begun on the second season and it would consist of 15 episodes.
The premiere episode of The Lodge, "The New Girl", was released online in the UK on 8 September 2016, more than two weeks before its television premiere. The series premiered in the United States on Disney Channel on 17 October 2016. At the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017, the series was released in 108 additional countries within the EMEA region.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||10||23 September 2016||0.26||25 November 2016||0.12||0.17|
|2||15||9 June 2017||0.14||3 November 2017||0.10||0.11|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||10||17 October 2016||0.80||25 November 2016||0.60||0.73|
- Seán Brosnan (24 March 2016). "Disney Channel Series The Lodge Begins Filming in Northern Ireland". IFTN. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Disney Channel Greenlights New Local Production North Star". Zodiak Media. 10 July 2015. Archived from the original on 28 August 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Disney Channel Begins Filming The Lodge in Northern Ireland". Discover Northern Ireland. 24 March 2016. Archived from the original on 16 August 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Wendy Goldman Getzler (10 July 2015). "Disney Lights Up North Star in Europe". Kidscreen. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Disney Channel: Major Musical Drama The Lodge Filming in Northern Ireland". BBC. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Disney's The Lodge: Watch first full episode of musical filmed in Northern Ireland". Belfast Telegraph. 20 September 2016. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Disney Channel UK (13 December 2016). The Lodge | Season 2 Coming 2017!. YouTube. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- David Sztypuljak (21 February 2017). "The first look photos from Disney's The Lodge Season 2 as production begins". HeyUGuys. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Disney's The Lodge Season 2 starts production in Northern Ireland". Advanced Television. 21 February 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- Elizabeth Wagmeister (30 August 2016). "Musical Mystery Series 'The Lodge' to Be Distributed Globally by Disney Channel". Variety. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Weekly Top 10 Programmes". BARB. Select "Disney Channel Total" and choose the week the episode aired.
- Mitch Metcalf (18 October 2016). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.17.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (29 November 2016). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.25.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved 29 November 2016.