The London Clinic
|The London Clinic|
The London Clinic
The London Clinic is a private healthcare organisation based in central London. It is one of England’s largest private hospitals. Although it maintains several consulting rooms in the traditional doctors' street of Harley Street, the main hospital site is on the corner of Devonshire Place and the Marylebone Road.
The London Clinic was established in 1932 by a group of Harley Street doctors. It is a registered charity in the United Kingdom. In 2006 it had a gross income of £75million, making it one of the 100 largest charities in the UK. About 15% of its earnings come from overseas patients.
In November 2015 it secured a £65 million revolving credit facility from HSBC which will be used to increase theatre capacity, boost technology investment and renovate the radiology and intensive care facilities.
After an inspection in December 2014 by the Food Standards Agency the organisation was given only two stars - the only hospital in London to perform so poorly. After a further inspection in June 2015 it was awarded 5 stars.
It has 250 beds, 17 theatres and an intensive care unit. Its cancer centre has cyberknife and image-guided radiotherapy. There are 750 members of clinical staff, and some student nurses in training. It set up a specialist centre for robotic surgery in 2019.
- "Simon Reiter joins The London Clinic". Health Investor. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- About The London Clinic
- Charity Commission. Trustees of the London Clinic Limited, registered charity no. 211136.
- Ranked by total annual income averaged over three years. Source: "Charity 100 Index". Charity Finance. April 2008. ISSN 0963-0295.
- "Rich overseas patients help private hospitals beat recession". Financial Times. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "The London Clinic secures £65m credit facility". Health Investor. 5 November 2015. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Harley Street private hospital told to improve food hygiene after inspection". Evening Standard. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "The London Clinic awarded 5 stars by Food Standards Agency".
- "Working as a matron doesn't make my job less hands-on with patients". Guardian. 20 March 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "The London Clinic launches specialist centre for robotics". Building Better Healthcare. 28 February 2019. Retrieved 31 March 2019.