The London Philatelist
From its beginning until 1943 it was published monthly. Since 1991 it has been published ten times annually. An article about its history in the December 2014 issue (the 1303rd) contains a chart of with the date and whole number of all its issues. Its contents include coverage of worldwide philatelic and postal history topics. A substantial part of the journal is composed of original work, usually by members who may have given a display on their topic at the society meetings.
The London Philatelist from 1892 to the 2010s is available as a set of searchable DVDs which give access to images of the original articles and illustrations.
- Jan 1892 - Feb 1917 M.P. Castle
- Apr 1917 - May 1937 Thomas Hall
- Jul 1937 - Jan 1940 Col. Henry Wood
- Feb 1940 - Jun 1946 Rev. Alwin Corder Larmour
- Jul 1946 - Dec 1954 H.R. Holmes
- Jan 1955 - Dec 1974 Arnold Strange
- Jan 1975 - Dec 1982 Stuart Rossiter
- May 1983 - Jun 2001 George E. Barker
- Jul 2001 - Dec 2014 Frank Walton
- Jan 2015 - to date Steve Jarvis
- The Philately of the Edwardian Era as shown in its Literature by David Beech, Barnet & District Philatelic Society, 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Roll of Distinguished Philatelists 2009" in The London Philatelist, Vol. 118, No. 1365, May 2009, p. 146.
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|