|Author||Walter Kiechel III|
|Publisher||Harvard Business Press|
The Lords of Strategy is a book by Walter Kiechel III, a business journalist, former editorial director of the Harvard Business Review and former managing editor of Fortune magazine, which presents the analysis of strategy evolution since the 1960s. The book was published by Harvard Business Press in March 2010. It was longlisted for the 2010 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award.
A reviewer of Financial Times stated, "Providing a window into how to think about strategy today, Kiechel tells their story with novelistic flair. At times inspiring, at times nearly terrifying, this book is a revealing account of how these iconoclasts and the organizations they led revolutionized the way we think about business, changed the very soul of the corporation, and transformed the way we work." Frank Dillon of The Irish Times wrote, "The book is heavy on the detail of the work of the key management consulting firms... Kiechel argues that the influence of the pioneers of strategy has left a lasting legacy for corporations and The Lords of Strategy provides an at times fascinating insight into how the key ideas of strategy took hold."
- Graphics, FT Interactive. "The Lords of Strategy by Walter Kiechel". Financial Times. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Dillon, Frank (September 27, 2010). "Sharp insight into how ideas of strategy developed". The Irish Times. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Big Think In the Boardroom by Adrian Wooldridge, The Wall Street Journal, March 12, 2010
- Lords of Strategy: A Talk with Walter Kiechel by Sarah Cliffe, BusinessWeek, February 26, 2010
- Emmons, Garry, ed. (March 2010). "Lords of Strategy: Inventing Business's Great Game". Alumni Bulletin. Harvard Business School. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Official Website