|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, alternative metal|
The Luchagors was a punk rock band based in Atlanta, Georgia. It was fronted by Amy Dumas, better known as Lita to professional wrestling fans of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). During her last wrestling match at WWE's Survivor Series 2006, Dumas wore a Luchagors T-shirt.
The name Luchagors is an homage to the term Luchador, a Lucha libre performer. Dumas performed this style early in her professional wrestling career. It is combined with the word gore, as in horror films, of which Amy Dumas and Shane Morton are fans. The band started out playing small gigs in and around the Atlanta area. The band's world premiere show was at the Rock-n-Shock event, which was held at the Masquerade in Atlanta, Georgia on September 14, 2006. The event took place to honor Sean Shocker.
In early 2007, they began recording their debut album, which was produced by Skid Row bassist Rachel Bolan. They finished recording the tracks for their album on March 17, 2007. In August 2007, an original member of the group, their drummer Troy King, left the band. Their self-titled debut album, The Luchagors, was released physically and as a download through online outlets on September 11. By October, however, Troy decided to stay with the band. Following the release of the album, the Luchagors went on a massive tour to promote the album. The album sold over 10,000 downloads on iTunes and they toured nationwide with NOFX and Bad Religion. One of the 10,000 downloads by chance was Tim Armstrong who was impressed with the style of the album as well as the vocal duties of Dumas that he signed the band to his label Hellcat Records. On the February 12th, 2012 episode of her show PunkRockalypse. Dumas announced that The Luchagors will be recording their 2nd album in the summer of 2012 and will be produced by Lars Frederiksen of the legendary punk band Rancid. In 2014, Amy stated in multiple interviews that the band was finished at the moment due to an unsuccessful tour in the UK. There was no update on the band's second album following this announcement. The Luchagors played their last show together on July 31, 2014 at The Drunken Unicorn in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Current members
- Amy Dumas (vocals)
- Shane Morton (guitar, vocals)
- Jay Hedberg (bass guitar, vocals)
- Racci Shay (drums)
- Former members
- Troy King (drums)
- The Luchagors (2007)
- Jeff Clark (September 7, 2007). "The Luchagors Drop a Powerbomb". Stomp and Stammer. Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- AtlantaBuzz.com (September 14, 2006). "Rock-n-Shock at The Masquerade". Baltimore Sun. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-07.
- Kevin Eck (February 22, 2007). "Q&A with Amy Dumas". Archived from the original on April 3, 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-28.
- Amy Dumas (March 17, 2007). "It's getting closer!!". Retrieved 2007-05-28.
- Amy Dumas (August 9, 2007). "New CD, New Drummer- all kinds of stuff". Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- Amy Dumas (August 28, 2007). "BIG NEWS! (Are you sitting down?)". Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Amy Dumas (October 13, 2007). "New news- Old drummer". Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- The Luchagors (August 23, 2008). "Band Tour Dates". Archived from the original on 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- http://thedrunkenunicorn.net/?events=thursday-july-31st-the-luchagors[permanent dead link]
- Scott Mervis (March 6, 2008). "Music Preview: Wrestler Lita gets a new kick out of The Luchagors". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- Scott Mervis (March 17, 2008). "Wrestler quits ring for rock stardom". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2008-03-18.