The Lucky One (Faith Hill song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"The Lucky One"|
|Single by Faith Hill|
|from the album Fireflies|
|Released||February 13, 2006|
|Recorded||April 3, 2004|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Producer(s)||Byron Gallimore, Faith Hill|
|Faith Hill singles chronology|
"The Lucky One" is a song recorded by American country singer Faith Hill. It was released in February 2006 as the third single from the album Fireflies (2005). The song was a Top 10 Country hit in 2006. It was co-written by Brad and Brett Warren (also known as The Warren Brothers), who also wrote Hill's 2007 single "Red Umbrella", and Jay Joyce. Brett Warren also sings harmony vocals on this song.
"The Lucky One" debuted on the Country Top 40 in 2006. It was Hill's third single released from Fireflies, and her second single released from the album as a solo artist. "The Lucky One" peaked among the Top 10 at No. 5, her third Top 10 Country hit from the album.
"The Lucky One" was one of three other singles released after Hill's lead single, "Mississippi Girl" to reach the Top 10 on the Country charts.
"The Lucky One"'s music video shows Hill mainly performing with her band, singing on various stages, while also showing various clips of Hill laughing and talking backstage. It was directed by Chris Hicky.
Compiled from liner notes.
- Greg Barnhill — background vocals
- Tom Bukovac — acoustic and electric guitars
- Paul Bushnell — bass guitar
- Vinnie Colaiuta — drums
- Dan Dugmore — steel guitar
- Paul Franklin — steel guitar
- Byron Gallimore — electric guitar
- Kenny Greenberg — electric mandolin
- Aubrey Haynie — mandolin
- Jay Joyce — acoustic and electric guitars
- Gene Miller — background vocals
- Jimmy Nichols — organ
- Darrell Scott — acoustic guitar, Weissenborn
- Javier Solis — percussion
- Crystal Taliefero — background vocals
- Brett Warren — background vocals
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Billboard Hot 100||69|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||42|
- Fireflies (CD booklet). Faith Hill. Nashville, Tennessee: Warner Bros. Records Nashville. 2005. 48794-2.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 188–189. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Faith Hill – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Faith Hill.
- "Faith Hill – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Faith Hill.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 11, 2012.