The Magician (2005 film)
|Directed by||Scott Ryan|
|Produced by||Michele Bennett|
|Written by||Scott Ryan|
|Edited by||Nash Edgerton|
|Distributed by||Hopscotch Productions|
Trinity Filmed Entertainment
The Magician is an Australian film released in 2005, written and directed by Scott Ryan. The film was originally shot over 10 days with a budget of A$3,000. Ryan edited a half-hour version of the film for screening at the St. Kilda Film Festival, where it was seen by stuntman and film producer Nash Edgerton (brother of Joel Edgerton), who took the project under his wing. After receiving A$330,000 in government grants, the film was re-released in 2005. The character of Ray Shoesmith later appeared as the main character in Scott Ryan's television series Mr Inbetween.
- Scott Ryan as Ray Shoesmith
- Ben Walker as Tony Richards
- Massimiliano Andrighetto as Massimo "Max" Totti
- Kane Mason as Benny
- Nathaniel Lindsay as Edna
The Magician grossed $182,164 at the box office in Australia.
The film holds a 73% approval rating from critics based on 15 reviews at Rotten Tomatoes.
- Hill, Simon. "The Magician Review". Celluloid Dreams. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office
- "The Magician". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
|This article related to an Australian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|