The Magpie Salute
The Magpie Salute
Logo of The Magpie Salute
|Genres||Blues rock, hard rock, Southern rock|
|Associated acts||The Black Crowes|
The Magpie Salute is an American rock band formed in 2016 by former Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson. The band also includes former Black Crowes members Marc Ford and Sven Pipien as well as Rich Robinson band members Matt Slocum and Joe Magistro.
Rich Robinson announced the formation of the Magpie Salute in October 2016. In addition to Robinson, the group features former Black Crowes guitarist Marc Ford and bassist Sven Pipien, as well as keyboardists Matt Slocum, drummer Joe Magistro, and vocalists Adrien Reju and Katrine Ottosen from Robinson's solo band. This announcement came on the heels of a series of shows Robinson performed earlier in 2016 in Woodstock, New York where he was joined by Ford, Pipien and former Black Crowes keyboard player Eddie Harsch. Harsch was slated to tour as a member of the band until his sudden death in November 2016, and his appearance on their self-titled debut marks his last recording.
They performed their first concerts in January 2017 at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City. They were originally only scheduled to perform three concerts, but added a fourth show due to demand. They performed songs from the Black Crowes as well as Robinson and Ford's solo careers. The band then played a series of gigs in Europe in June and July 2017 before kicking off a 60 date US tour that included stops in San Francisco, Las Vegas and Morrison, Colorado (Red Rocks Amphitheater) and two nights at the Irving Plaza in New York. All attendees of the November 15 or 16 Irving Plaza shows received a limited edition live album featuring performances from throughout 2017.
The Magpie Salute released their debut studio album High Water 1 on August 10, 2018. The album debuted at #3 on Billboard's Heatseekers Chart, and #33 on the Top Album Sales chart. The band kicked off their 2018 tour, on July 1, at The Village at Copper Mountain in Colorado. The album was recorded at Dark Horse Recording Studio just outside of Nashville in Franklin, TN. 
On June 15, 2019, it was officially announced via social media that the band's second studio album High Water II would be released October 11, 2019.
- Rich Robinson – guitar, vocals (2016–present)
- Marc Ford – guitar, vocals (2016–present)
- John Hogg – vocals, guitar, percussion (2016–present)
- Sven Pipien – bass, backing vocals (2016–present)
- Matt Slocum – keyboards (2016–present)
- Joe Magistro – drums (2016–present)
- Eddie Harsch – keyboards (2016; died 2016)
- Nico Bereciartua – guitar (2016–2017)
- Charity White – backing vocals (2017)
- Adrien Reju – backing vocals, mandolin (2017)
- Katrine Ottosen – backing vocals, harmonica (2017)
- High Water I (2018)
- High Water II (2019)
- "MagpieSalute | Rich Robinson Forms Magpie Salute". Jambase.net. 2016-10-17. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Rich Robinson Forms Magpie Salute With Ex-Black Crowes Members". Rollingstone.com. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Former Black Crowes Keyboardist Eddie Harsch Dies". Ultimateclassicrock.com. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Fourth Show Added | The Magpie Salute Adds 4th Show". Richrobinson.net. 2016-10-21. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Final Dates of 2017 Tour, Limited Edition Live Album, and Thank you! – The Magpie Salute". Themagpiesalute.com. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "The Magpie Salute - Chart History". Billboard. Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "The Magpie Salute Begins 2018 Tour In Colorado". Jambase.net. 3 July 2018. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Interview: Rich Robinson – The Magpie Salute – SoundVapors".
- "The Magpie Salute on Instagram: "• • We're Really Excited To Announce Our New Album ~ HIGH WATER II ~ Set For Worldwide Release On October 11, 2019!! • Our first single "In…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-06-16.