The Making of Plus One
|The Making of Plus One|
|Directed by||Mary McGuckian|
|Produced by||Mary McGuckian|
|Written by||Mary McGuckian|
|Edited by||Matthew Booth|
The Making of Plus One is a 2010 British-Canadian comedy film about the independent filmmaking industry. The film was set and shot at the Cannes Film Festival and takes a satirical look at the film industry's obsession with celebrity. It was written and directed by Mary McGuckian and stars Michael Eklund, Suzan-Lori Parks, Lothaire Bluteau, Geraldine Chaplin, Donna D'Errico, Jordi Mollà and Jennifer Tilly.
The production team of a new film, headed by hopeful director (Parks) and a conniving producer Dave Dallas (Eklund) hold several meetings at the Cannes Film Festival with the hope of achieving financial backing for their film.
- Michael Eklund as Dave Dallas
- Suzan-Lori Parks as Skye Brown - the director
- Lothaire Bluteau as Gil - the production designer
- Geraldine Chaplin as Geri - the casting director
- Donna D'Errico as Frances Money - the lawyer
- Jordi Mollà as Victor - the D.O.P.
- Amanda Plummer as Kim Owens - the accountant
- John Sessions as Derek - the line producer
- Sara Stockbridge as Rusty Robinson - the writer
- Jennifer Tilly as Amber
- Katie Boland as Starlet
- THE MAKING OF PLUS ONE New Films International. Retrieved on 18 August 2011
- Home > Houston events > One Night Only Screening of The Making of Plus One at the Alamo West Eventful. 3 March 2011
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|