The Mall Group
|Founded||25 June 1981|
|Founder||Supachai Umpujh |
|Headquarters||Bang Kapi, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Ms Supaluck Umpujh, Chairwoman |
Ms Lakana Naviroj, Managing Director
|Products||Shopping centers, department stores|
|Revenue||US$1 billion (2016 est.)|
The Mall Group (Thai: เดอะมอลล์กรุ๊ป) is one of Thailand's largest mall operators. Its main rival is the Central Group. Mall Group's brands include The Mall, Emporium, Siam Paragon, Power Mall, Gourmet Market, The Mall SkyPORT, EmQuartier, SportsMall, BeTrend, and BLÚPORT.
The group will allocate at least two billion baht to marketing in 2019. The goal is to boost sales to 60 billion baht in 2019, up from an estimated 58 billion in 2018. It is implementing strategies to induce shoppers to spend more time at its malls, to 2.5 hours per visit, up from 1.5 hours. This will involve food promotions, as some 30-40 percent of tenants at retail stores under the Mall Group are restaurants, compared with 10-20 percent over the years since 2013. The company will renovate underperforming shopping complexes next year, including BluePort in Hua Hin, where traffic is sparse.
- 1981: First shopping mall, Ratchadamri Road, Bangkok
- 1983: The Mall Ramkamhaeng (The Mall 2,3,4)
- 1989: The Mall Thapra (The Mall 5)
- 1991: The Mall Ngamwongwan (The Mall 6)
- 1994: The Mall Bang Khae (The Mall 7) and The Mall Bang Kapi (The Mall 8)
- 1997: Emporium
- 2000: The Mall Korat (The Mall 10)
- 2005: Siam Paragon including Paragon Department Store
- The Mall SkyPORT - inside Terminal 1, Don Mueang International Airport. It is under a 10-year contract with Airports of Thailand PCL.
- 2014: BLÚPORT, Hua Hin
- 2015: EmQuartier
- EmSphere (under construction)
- BLÚPEARL, Phuket (under construction)
- The Bangkok Mall (planned)
The Mall department store
Bangkok metropolitan area
- The Mall Ratchadamri (Ratchaprasong) - The first store and now defunct since 1988, after a fire and lease expiration
- The Mall II Ramkhamhaeng - department store and mini mall project, opposite The Mall Shopping Center Ramkhamhaeng.
- The Mall Ramkhamhaeng (also known as The Mall III Ramkhamhaeng) - supermarket and shopping center project.
- The Mall IV Ramkhamhaeng (also known as Major Cineplex Ramkhamhaeng) - entertainment complex project, i.e., cinemas (Major Cineplex), bowling, ice skating rink, snooker club, and mini mall. It is about 400 meters from The Mall III. It now defunct since 2017 due to government land acquisition to construct the MRT Orange Line.
- The Mall Tha Phra - First sky water park in Thailand.
- The Mall Ngamwongwan
- The Mall Bang Khae
- The Mall Bang Kapi
- The Mall Nakhon Ratchasima
- "Company Overview of The Mall Group Co., Ltd". Bloomberg. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Our Businesses". The Mall Group. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Forbes Profile: Supaluck Umpujh". Forbes. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Jitpleecheep, Pitsinee; Banchongduang, Somruedi (2017-11-02). "The Mall Group to make cashless move". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Rungfapaisarn, Kwanchai (11 August 2018). "Just like one big family". The Nation. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- Jitpleecheep, Pitsinee (20 November 2018). "The Mall aggressively marketing to fend off rivals in 2019". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 20 November 2018.