The Maltese Penguin
|The Maltese Penguin|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Release no.||33 ½|
|Written by||Robert Shearman|
|Directed by||Gary Russell|
|Produced by||Gary Russell
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||1 hr 10 mins|
|Release date||14 November 2002|
The Maltese Penguin is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It was initially made available as an exclusive bonus to Big Finish series subscribers and was not sold commercially, although it is now available to nonsubscribers.
Frobisher is employed as a Private Eye to investigate Alicia Mulholland's fiancé, Arthur Gringax. As a penguin detective would be somewhat conspicuous, he instead chooses to disguise himself ... as the Doctor!
- The Doctor — Colin Baker
- Frobisher — Robert Jezek
- Josiah W Dogbolter — Toby Longworth
- Alicia Mulholland — Jane Goddard
- Chandler — Alistair Lock
- Frobisher is a character from the Doctor Who Magazine comics. He first appeared in their first Sixth Doctor story "The Shape Shifters". His only other Big Finish story is The Holy Terror.
- Dogbolter was also a character from the comics, also appearing in Shape Shifters, and before that, The Moderator.
- The Maltese Penguin reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Maltese Penguin reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|