|Directed by||Laxmikant Shetgaonkar|
|Written by||Mahabaleshwar Sail|
|Music by||Ved Nair|
|Edited by||Sankalp Meshram|
Paltadacho Munis or The Man Beyond the Bridge is an Indian film in Konkani directed by Laxmikant Shetgaonkar. Set in Goa, the film is about a recently widowed forest ranger in a dwindling forest, who strikes up an unlikely relationship with a woman he finds lost and alone in the woods.
The film was premiered at 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the "The Prize of the International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI Prize) for Discovery. It was chosen as opening film of the Indian Panorama section at the 40th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2009. Thereafter it went to receive international critical acclaim, including the narrative jury award at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles. It was included in the world’s best films of 2009 list. According to a review, it strikes a perfect balance between the personal and the political. Laxmikant’s cinema is rich in metaphors, remarkable in its restrain and exciting in its modern sensibility.
Paltadcho Munis won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Konkani at the 57th National Film Awards.
Shetgaonkar's next film, Baga Beach also set in the eponymous beach in Goa was made at budget of Rs. 3 crore, making it the most expensive film yet of Konkani cinema. The film deal with the underbelly of tourism in Goa, with issues of Child abuse, conflict between locals and immigrants, impact of holidaying foreigners. The film has an Indian, German and French cast, including Bengali actress Paoli Dam, was shot with a handheld camera in sync sound. It was screened at 44th International Film Festival of India in 2013.
- Chittaranjan Giri as Vinayak
- Veena Jamkar as Mad woman
- Prasanthi Talpanker as Lady
- Vasant Josalkar as Priest
- Deepak Amonkar as Forest ranger
- "Festival 2011: Official seclection". Berlin Independent Film Festival. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Lowe, Justin (2010-10-14). "The Man Beyond the Bridge: Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "List of films for IFFI's Indian Panorama announced". Deccan Herald. Nov 3, 2009. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "Laxmikant Shetgaonkar's next venture is ‘Baga Beach'". The Hindu. November 27, 2011. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- The Man Beyond the Bridge to release in Canada, NewsDesk, Dearcinema.com, February 12th, 2010
- Review - IFFI- 2009 Diary: The Man Beyond the Bridge, DearCinema.com, November 30th, 2009
- "57th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- "57th National Film Awards (PDF)" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- "A Rs 3 cr Konkani movie". The Times of India. Nov 27, 2011. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "'Baga Beach' struggles to get a screening in Goa". The Times of India. Apr 18, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "`Baga Beach` about tourism ills in coastal Goa: Director". Zee News. November 26, 2013. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "61st National Film Awards For 2013" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. April 16, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Official website
- "The Man Beyond the Bridge". Cinemas of India (NFDC).
- Paltadacho Munis at the Internet Movie Database
|This article related to Cinema of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|