He Who Can't Marry (2009 TV series)
|He Who Can't Marry|
|Also known as||
The Man Who Can't Get Married |
The Man Who Can't Get Hitched
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko|
by Masaya Ozaki
|Written by||Yeo Ji-na|
|Directed by||Kim Jung-gyu|
|Theme music composer||Yoon Hee-sung|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
Bae Kyung-soo |
Eom Tae-man |
60 minutes |
Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)
Apple Tree Production |
|Original network||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Original release||June 15– August 4, 2009|
|Preceded by||The Slingshot|
|Followed by||Hometown of Legends|
|Related shows||Kekkon Dekinai Otoko|
|Hangul||결혼 못하는 남자|
|Hanja||結婚 못하는 男子|
|Revised Romanization||Gyeolhon Mothaneun Namja|
|McCune–Reischauer||Kyŏlhon Mothanŭn Namja|
He Who Can't Marry (Hangul: 결혼 못하는 남자; RR: Gyeolhon Mothaneun Namja) is a 2009 South Korean television series starring Ji Jin-hee, Uhm Jung-hwa, Kim So-eun, Yoo Ah-in and Yang Jung-a. A romantic comedy about an extremely stubborn and inflexible 40-year-old bachelor, it is a remake of the 2006 Japanese drama Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.
Architect Jae-hee (Ji Jin-hee) has the looks and the money, but he's over forty and still a bachelor. Despite being great marriage material on paper, his blunt personality and precise lifestyle turn women off. Jae-hee just can't seem to get married—until he meets his equal, single 40-year-old doctor Moon-jung (Uhm Jung-hwa), who spends most of her time at work doing overtime and covering for colleagues. Romance may be in the air yet for the unmarriageable Jae-hee, but there's also his longtime colleague Ki-ran (Yang Jung-a) and young neighbor Yoo-jin (Kim So-eun) to consider.
- Ji Jin-hee as Jo Jae-hee
- A forty-year-old bachelor & Moon-jung's patient.
- Uhm Jung-hwa as Jang Moon-jung
- A single doctor in her forties.
- Kim So-eun as Jeong Yoo-jin
- Jae-hee's next door neighbor who has a dog named Sangu.
- Yoo Ah-in as Park Hyun-kyu
- He works for Jae-hee and is interested in Yoo-jin.
- Yang Jung-a as Yoon Ki-ran
- Jae-hee's partner in the firm.
- Im Ho as Park Kwang-nam
- Jae-hee's brother-in-law.
- Kim Byung-ki as Jang Bong-soo
- A dentist and Moon-jung's father.
- Yoo Tae-woong as Moon Seok-hwan
- Jae-hee's most hated person.
- Bae Min-hee as Jo Yoon-hee
- Kwang-nam's wife & Jae-hee's sister.
- Jeon Yang-ja as Kang Hye-ja
- Jae-hee's mother.
- Jang Dan-ji as Kim Yeon-soo
- Moon-jung's assistant/nurse.
- Choi Yoon-young as Yoo Soo-young
- Yoo-jin's friend.
- Jang Jung-hee as Jo Yeong-shil, Bong-soo's dental assistant
- Lee Dal-hyung as foreman
- Seo Jun-young as Kim Tae-yeol, Yoo-jin's ex-boyfriend
- Kim Hye-mi as Tae-yeong, Moon-jung's assistant nurse
- Danji as Eun-hee, Moon-jung's assistant nurse
- Kim Yu-bin as rental shop clerk
- Sung Eun-chae as convenience store clerk
- Choi Sun-young as Park Ye-won, daughter of Kwang-nam & Yoon-hee
- Shin Pyo as stalker
- Kim Gun-mo as blind date guy (cameo, episode 1&8)
- Lee Jung-sub as fashion designer Matthew Jung (cameo, episode 1)
- Wink as singer (cameo, episode 1)
- Kwak Hyun-hwa as Mattew's wife (cameo, episode 1)
- Jeon Hye-bin as Lee Hwa-ran (cameo, episode 3, 6~8)
Awards and nominations
|2009||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Ji Jin-hee||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Ji Jin-hee||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Uhm Jung-hwa||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Yang Jung-a||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Yoo Ah-in||Nominated|
|Best New Actress||Kim So-eun||Won|
- Oh, Jean (18 May 2009). "Will MBC land a triple or will KBS reach the altar?". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-02-17.
- Oh, Jean (15 June 2009). "KBS' bachelor battles MBC's queen". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-02-17.
- "The Man Who Can't Get Hitched". KBS World. Retrieved 2013-02-17.
- Lim, Hye-seon (4 January 2010). "Lee Byung-hun scores triple wins at KBS Acting Awards". 10Asia. Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- He Who Can't Marry official KBS website (in Korean)
- He Who Can't Marry at HanCinema
- He Who Can't Marry on IMDb
|This article related to South Korean television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|