The Man Who Knew Infinity
First hardcover edition (1991)
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|510/.92 B 20|
|LC Class||QA29.R3 K36 1991|
The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan is a biography of the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, written in 1991 by Robert Kanigel and published by Washington Square Press. The book gives a detailed account of his upbringing in India, his mathematical achievements, and his mathematical collaboration with English mathematician G. H. Hardy. The book also reviews the life of Hardy and the academic culture of Cambridge University during the early twentieth century.
A feature film of the same title and based on the book was directed by Matt Brown using his own script. Srinivasa Ramanujan is played by Dev Patel, G. H. Hardy by Jeremy Irons, and Devika Bhise plays Ramanujan’s wife. Filming began in August 2014 at Trinity College, Cambridge.
- "Cannes: Dev Patel to Star as Famed Indian Mathematician". hollywoodreporter.com.
- "Jeremy Irons to Co-star in 'The Man Who Knew Infinity'". variety.com.
- "Dev Patel's 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Moves to Production After 8 Years in Development". variety.com.
- "The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Mathematician's Life Comes To The Movies".
- "The Man Who Knew Infinity [programme note]". TIFF.net. Toronto International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 20 March 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "THE MAN WHO KNEW INFINITY: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan". Robert Kanigel.
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book on scientists is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|