The Man Who Laughs (2012 film)
This article is missing information about the film's plot, production, and theatrical/home media releases.July 2018)(
|The Man Who Laughs|
|Directed by||Jean-Pierre Améris|
|Produced by||Thomas Anargyros|
Edouard de Vésinne
|Written by||Jean-Pierre Améris|
|Based on||L'Homme qui rit|
by Victor Hugo
|Music by||Stéphane Moucha|
|Edited by||Philippe Bourgueil|
|Distributed by||EuropaCorp. Distribution|
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2018)
- Gérard Depardieu - Ursus
- Marc-André Grondin - Gwynplaine
- Emmanuelle Seigner - La duchesse Josiane
- Christa Theret - Déa
- Arben Bajraktaraj - Hardquanone
- Serge Merlin - Barkilphedro
- Christèle Tual - Clémence
- Swann Arlaud - Sylvain
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2018)
Boyd Van Hoeij from Variety was critical of the film, writing, "Less faithful to its source material and more concerned with delivering the goods visually, this handsome, studio-shot pic, somewhat ironically, lacks genuine pathos in telling its tale of how deceiving looks can be." Neil Young from The Hollywood Reporter gave the film a positive review, writing, "Thoroughly old-fashioned but ultimately moving literary adaptation has more than enough exploitable features to indicate long-term commercial success."
- Mandelbaum, Jacques (2012-12-25). ""L'Homme qui rit" : vision étriquée d'un roman démesuré". Le monde (in French). Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Van Hoeij, Boyd. "The Man Who Laughs – Variety". Variety.com. Boyd Van Hoeij. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- Young, Neil (2012-09-12). "The Man Who Laughs (L'Homme Qui Rit): Venice Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|