The Man on the Box (1925 film)
|The Man on the Box|
|Directed by||Charles Reisner|
|Screenplay by||Charles Logue|
|Based on||The Man on the Box|
by Harold MacGrath
|Cinematography||Nicholas T. Barrows|
|Edited by||Ray Enright|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
The Man on the Box is a 1925 American comedy film directed by Charles Reisner and written by Charles Logue. It is based on the 1904 novel The Man on the Box by Harold MacGrath. The film stars Sydney Chaplin, David Butler, Alice Calhoun, Cathleen Calhoun, Theodore Lorch and Helene Costello. The film was released by Warner Bros. on October 11, 1925.
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2018)
- Sydney Chaplin as Bob Warburton
- David Butler as Bob's Brother-in-Law
- Alice Calhoun as Betty Annesly
- Cathleen Calhoun as Mrs. Lampton
- Theodore Lorch as Mr. Lampton
- Helene Costello as Bob's Sister
- E. J. Ratcliffe as Colonel Annesly
- Charles Reisner as Badkoff
- Charles K. Gerrard as Count Karaloff
- Henry A. Barrows as Warburton Sr.
According to Warner Bros records the film earned $425,000 domestically and $63,000 foreign.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1-31 p 4 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- "The Man on the Box (1925) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Janiss Garza. "The Man on the Box (1925) - Charles "Chuck" Riesner". AllMovie. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "The Man on the Box". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
|This 1920s comedy film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|