The Manchester College
|Type||Further Education, Higher Education|
|Chief Executive||John Thornhill|
|Local authority||Manchester City Council|
|Website||The Manchester College|
The Manchester College is the largest further education college in the UK. As the number one provider of 16-19 and adult education in Greater Manchester it is a major education and skills player in the region.
The Manchester College offers courses for school leavers, adults, higher education students, employers, and international students.
Courses for school leavers aged 16 to 19, include:
Higher education courses include:
- Higher National Certificate (HNCs)
- Higher National Diploma (HNDs)
- Foundation degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Postgraduate certificate in education (PGCEs)
- Master’s level 
The Manchester College also offers courses for adults and training for employers.
The Manchester College is based at many sites in the city: these include Moston, Abraham Moss, One Central Park, the Manchester Enterprise Academy, Saint Matthew's Sixth Form and Harpurhey in the North; Openshaw, Preston Street, Welcomb Street, Nicholls Campus in Ardwick and the Manchester School of Building in the East; Fielden Park (West Didsbury), Northenden, Wythenshawe Forum and Brownley Green Wythenshawe in the South; locations in the city centre include St John's, Lever Street, and Shena Simon in Chorlton Street.
The MOL division specialises in delivering professional development training programmes by flexible learning. MOL has existed for more than 30 years providing HR, management, estate agency, construction and electrical engineering courses.
Many courses are delivered in partnership with professional bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP).
The Manchester College delivers learning and skills services to offenders in 42 secure establishments throughout England and in two probation areas. The services are contracted in both the private and public sectors to all categories of offender.
- "Manchester College (The) Overview". Hotcourses. Archived from the original on June 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Manchester College (The) School Leavers". Hotcourses. Archived from the original on June 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Manchester College (The) Higher Education". Hotcourses. Archived from the original on June 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Manchester College (The) Adults". Hotcourses. Archived from the original on May 31, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- O'Rourke, Adrian. "Nicholls Hospital". Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "About us - The Manchester College". The Manchester College. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "MOL Courses". MOL Learn. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- "Offender learning - The Manchester College". The Manchester College. Retrieved 2010-07-02.