The Mangler Reborn
|The Mangler Reborn|
|Directed by||Erik Gardner
|Produced by||Mark Burman
|Written by||Erik Gardner
|Based on||The Mangler
by Stephen King
|Music by||Climax Golden Twins|
|Edited by||Matthew Cassel|
|Distributed by||Lions Gate Entertainment, Baseline StudioSystems|
The Mangler Reborn is a 2005 American horror film and the third entry in the Mangler film series based on a short story by Stephen King. The movie was released straight to DVD on November 29, 2005 by Lions Gate Entertainment and Baseline StudioSystems. Directors Gardner and Cunningham intended the film to be a "rebirth" of the film franchise, with the film not requiring viewers to have seen the prior two films.
The movie takes place after the events in the first film and follows Hadley (Weston Blakesley), a repairman that purchases the possessed machine from the first movie and becomes obsessed with the machine. Hadley awakens the machine with his blood and after being "eaten" by it, is forced to feed it new blood to stop his corpse from rotting.
- Aimee Brooks as Jamie
- Reggie Bannister as Rick
- Weston Blakesley as Hadley
- Scott Speiser as Mike
- Juliana Dever as Louise Watson
- Sarah Lilly as Beatrice Watson
- Renee Dorian as Gwen
- Rhett Giles as Sean
- Jeff Burr as Lawnmowing Man
Critical reception for The Mangler Reborn was largely negative. DVD Talk panned the film, criticizing it as "a formless, meandering, and stunningly boring little turkey". Reel Film also gave a negative review, writing that while "the film comes off as a masterpiece when compared with its predecessors, The Mangler Reborn ultimately just doesn't work".
- "Mangler Reborn Directors & Writer Exclusive Interview". Horror-Movies.ca. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Review: The Mangler Reborn". Dread Central. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The Mangler Reborn (2005) Movie Review". Beyond Hollywood. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Review: The Mangler Reborn". DVD Talk. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Review: The Mangler Reborn". Reel Film. Retrieved 30 November 2012.