The Marcus King Band
|The Marcus King Band|
|Born||March 11, 1996|
|Origin||Greenville, South Carolina|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, bandleader|
The Marcus King Band is led by singer, songwriter, and guitarist Marcus King. Raised in Greenville, South Carolina, United States, King was brought up on the blues, playing shows as a pre-teen sideman with his father, the fellow bluesman Marvin King.
The band's second full-length LP and first album for Fantasy Records, The Marcus King Band, was released October 7, 2016. The album was produced by musician Warren Haynes and written entirely on the road and recorded during a series of sessions at Carriage House Studios in Stamford, Connecticut. The album features Marcus King on lead vocals and guitar, Jack Ryan on drums and percussion, Stephen Campbell on bass, Matt Jennings on keys and organ, Dean Mitchell on saxophone, and Justin Johnson on trumpet, trombone and backing vocals. The album also includes a number of the band’s mentors and collaborators, including Derek Trucks (who plays guitar on "Self-Hatred") and Warren Haynes, who in addition to producing the album, added his slide guitar work on "Virginia." The Marcus King Band reached No. 2 on the Billboard Blues Albums Chart.
- "Marcus King Band making noise on national scene". Greenvilleonline.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Album Premiere: The Marcus King Band Soul Insight". Relix.com. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- "The Marcus King Band". Billboard.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "The Marcus King Band Shares New Single 'Ain't Nothin' Wrong With That'". Jambase.com. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- Blues Albums. "Blues Music: Top Blues Albums Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Official website". Marcus King Band.
- "Marcus King Band Showcase". Local Music Scene South Carolina.
- Marcus sits down with Ira Haberman of The Sound Podcast for a feature interview