(Redirected from The Martians (group))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Martian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
As an adjective, Martian means of or pertaining to the planet Mars.
As a noun, a Martian is a hypothetical inhabitant, either alien or human, of the planet Mars.
Martian, Martians, The Martian or The Martians may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- The Martian (Weir novel), a 2011 science fiction novel by Andy Weir
- The Martian (film), a 2015 film directed by Ridley Scott, based on the Weir novel
- The Martian (du Maurier novel), an 1898 novel by George du Maurier
- Martian (The War of the Worlds), the invaders from H. G. Wells' 1898 novel The War of the Worlds and its adaptations and offshoots
- Marvin the Martian, a Warner Bros. cartoon character, first appearing in 1948
- The Martian a.k.a. "Uncle Martin", a character in the 1963 television series, My Favorite Martian
- The Martians (1999 book), a collection of short stories supplementing the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The Martian (musician) (AKA Mike Banks, active from 1987), American record producer active in Detroit techno
- The Martians (band), a Scottish band formed in 2001
- The name used for the Martius family of ancient Rome in William Shakespeare's play Coriolanus
- According to the book Men are from Mars, a Martian is a man
- The Martians (scientists), a group of scientists and other notable persons from Hungary, formed in the early half of the 20th century
- Martian Watches, a brand of American smart watch founded in 2007
- Martians, the mascot of Goodrich High School – see Goodrich Area Schools
- Martian packet, an IP packet with an invalid source or destination address
- Martian language, an orthographic dialect from China.