|Traded as||NASDAQ: MTCH|
Russell 1000 Component
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Revenue||US$1.7 billion (2018)|
|US$553.3 million (2018)|
|US$472.6 million (2018)|
|Total assets||US$2.1 billion (2018)|
|Owner||IAC/InterActiveCorp: 80.9% (economic)|
Match Group, Inc. is an American Internet company that owns and operates several online dating web sites including OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, Tinder, and Match.com. Match Group is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
Match Group went public on November 19, 2015, and trades on NASDAQ with the ticker symbol MTCH. The company's controlling shareholder is IAC/InterActiveCorp, its former parent. As of March 31, 2018, IAC's economic ownership interest and voting interest in Match Group were 80.9% and 97.6%, respectively.
In January 2018, Amanda Ginsberg replaced Greg Blatt as the CEO of Match Group. She previously served other leadership roles within the company, including acting as the CEO Match North America. Greg Blatt also lost his position as CEO of Tinder, taking on the role of Executive Chairman of Tinder.
In August 2018, some of the original founders and executives of Tinder filed a $2 billion lawsuit against Match Group. The group allege that Match manipulated data to deflate a valuation and stripped people of stock options, and that the former CEO, Greg Blatt, engaged in sexual harassment. The Match Group said in a statement that the allegations are "meritless".
- "Match Group, Inc. (MTCH) IPO". NASDAQ. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Plaugic, Lizzie. "Tinder parent company Match Group is now public". The Verge. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- Match Group FORM 10-Q dated May 10, 2018
- "Match Group 8K" (PDF). Match Group. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Match Group Names Mandy Ginsberg to Succeed Greg Blatt as CEO". Match Group. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Ha, Anthony (2018-08-14). "Tinder founders sue parent companies Match and IAC for at least $2B". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|