The McKell Institute
The McKell Institute is an Australian public policy institute dedicated to developing practical policy ideas and contributing to public debate.
The Institute released a major report on productivity in November 2012 - Understanding Productivity - Australia's Choice
In July 2013 the McKell Institute released a report around work/life balance titled The Case for a National Portable Long Service Leave Scheme 
Most recently, the McKell Institute was commissioned by Vodafone Hutchison Australia to compile Superfast Broadband - The future is in your hands, a report on telecommunications infrastructure and the National Broadband Network 
The McKell Institute hosts a range of special guest speakers from business, government and civil society who address the Institute on policy matters.
Guest speakers who addressed the Institute in 2012 include the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, who delivered a speech entitled 'Great Reforms Endure' and the Chair of Infrastructure New South Wales, former NSW Premier, Nick Greiner, who discussed the recently released NSW 20 year State Infrastructure Strategy First Things First.
In 2013, special guests have included NSW Education Minister the Hon Adrian Piccoli MP, NSW Treasurer the Hon Mike Baird MP, Federal Finance Minister Senator the Hon Penny Wong and Federal Health Minister the Hon Tanya Plibersek.
Subsequently, The McKell Institute has played host to numerous international and domestic public figures, including Former US Congressman Barney Frank, Former Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta, former Barack Obama campaign advisor David Plouffe, Australian Federal Opposition Leader Bill Shorten, as well as other senior Australian political leaders.
- About the McKell Institute http://mckellinstitute.org.au/about-3
- Housing outlook remains grim for the forgotten people http://www.watoday.com.au/opinion/politics/housing-outlook-remains-grim-for-the-forgotten-people-20120405-1wfd0.html
- Home ownership more nightmare than dream http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3470637.htm
- A look inside the state of mind in NSW residents http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-news/a-look-inside-the-state-of-mind-in-nsw-residents/story-e6freuzi-1226268431569
- NSW residents dreaming of Queensland http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-12/nsw-residents-dreaming-of-queensland/3825136
|This article about an organisation in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|