The Medical City
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Medical City|
|Location||Pasig City (previously located in Mandaluyong City), Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Hospital type||Teaching, General|
The Medical City (otherwise known by its acronym as TMC) is a tertiary care hospital in the Philippines where its health care complex serves some 40,000 in-patients and 400,000 out-patients annually. TMC has a medical staff of over 1,000 physicians complemented by 2,200 workers engaged in allied medical, administrative and support services.
The hospital's main facility is located on a 1.5-hectare property along Ortigas Avenue, almost within the business district of Ortigas Center in Pasig City, Metro Manila. Composed of 115,000 square meters of floor space, it includes two Nursing Towers which can be fitted for up to 800 beds. The two towers are joined by a Podium, bridgeways, and a Medical Arts Tower. The 18 floors of the Medical Arts Tower house 280 doctors' clinics and select commercial spaces, while located within the six-floor Podium are diagnostic and intervention facilities as well as support and administrative offices.
The hospital also has a three-level basement parking accommodation for over a thousand vehicles. The complex is also equipped with a broad range of security features, an advanced building management system, and biosafety features incorporated into sensitive patient areas.
TMC also serves as the hub for a network of satellite clinics and hospitals that delivers a range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients in Manila and select provinces.
|Ali Mall Quezon City||Antipolo Triangle Mall|
|Congressional Waltermart Munoz||Ever Gotesco Commonwealth|
|Ever Gotesco Pasig||Fisher Mall|
|Gateway Mall||Lucky Chinatown Binondo|
|Monte Carlo Cainta||Robinson's Cainta|
|Robinson's Iloilo||Robinson's Magnolia|
|SM Fairview||SM FTI|
|SM Lipa||SM Manila|
|SM Marikina||SM Masinag Antipolo|
|SM North EDSA Annex||SM Novaliches|
|SM Sucat||SM Sta. Mesa|
|Sta. Lucia Marikina||Timog|
|Trinoma Mall||Victory Mall Caloocan|
|Waltermart Makati||Waltermart Bicutan|
TMC also owns and operates the following facilities:
|The Medical City Iloilo, Iloilo City, Iloilo|
|The Medical City Clark, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga|
|The Medical City South Luzon, Santa Rosa, Laguna|
|Guam Regional Medical City, Dededo, Guam|
|The Medical City Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Acute Stroke Unit||Adult Neurology|
|Breast Clinic||Center for Patient Partnership|
|Colorectal Clinic||Delivery Suite|
|Developmental Pediatrics||Ear, Nose, and Throat Center|
|Emergency Department||Eye Center|
|Hemodialysis Unit||Home Care|
|Intensive Care Unit||Laboratory|
|Liver Center||Medical Information Department|
|Neonatal Intensive Care Unit||Nuclear Medicine|
|Orthopedic Center||Ostomy and Complex Wound Care Clinic|
|Outpatient Chemotherapy Unit||Pain Clinic|
|Snoring and Sleep Center||Surgery Suite|
Centers of Excellence
Wellness and Aesthetics, Cardiovascular, Cancer and Regenerative Medicine.
The Cardiovascular Program offers care, encompassing non-invasive diagnostics, minimally-invasive interventional services, open heart surgery, and cardiac rehabilitation.
The Regenerative Medicine Program employs advanced technologies in the engineering of stem cells and other biomaterials for the purpose of preserving, restoring, or enhancing organ function.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (2001). The Center for Patient Partnership. Retrieved October 5, 2010 from http://www.patientpartnerships.org/history.php
- Lombard Investments, Inc. (2010, July 6). Lombard Backs The Medical City's Philippines Expansion. Retrieved October 5, 2010, from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lombard-backs-the-medical-citys-philippines-expansion-97886814.html
- Floresca R. (2010, April 29). The Medical City undertakes aggressive expansion binge, The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 5, 2010, from http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/node/96876
- Nortel. (2010). The Medical City, Manila. Retrieved October 5, 2010, from http://www2.nortel.com/go/news_detail.jsp?cat_id=-9252&oid=100203350&locale=en-us
- Villalon K. (2010, April 19). The Medical City acquires GSIH, The News Today. Retrieved October 5, 2010 from http://www.thenewstoday.info/2010/04/19/the.medical.city.acquires.gsih.html
- Valisno J. O. (2009, September 26). Hospital highlights importance of patient-doctor dialogue, Vol XXXIII, No. 45, BusinessWorld weekender. Retrieved October 5, 2010 from, http://www.bworldonline.com/Weekender092509/main.php?id=health2
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust (2005). Patient Partnership and Public Involvement Strategy and Action plan. Retrieved October 5, 2010 from http://www.oxfordradcliffe.nhs.uk/getinvolved/get_involved_docs/pp%20strategy%2005.pdf