The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume
|The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume|
|Studio album by Evans Blue|
|Released||February 21, 2006 (U.S.)
September 13, 2006 (Japan)
|Genre||Alternative metal, hard rock, post-grunge|
|Evans Blue chronology|
The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume is the debut studio album by Canadian rock band Evans Blue. It was released on February 21, 2006. The album spawned two singles, "Cold (But I'm Still Here)" and "Over." It has sold more than 200,000 copies, and was at one point #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart.
The album portrays the intricate workings of a relationship and the hardships of breaking off with someone you love. "Possession" is a cover of the Sarah McLachlan song from the album, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.
A live, acoustic version of this album, entitled Unplugged Melody, with the exception of the Sarah McLachlan cover of "Possession", was included with the purchase of the band's second album, The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends. It was the first and last album to feature original drummer Darryl Brown.
All tracks written by Kevin Matisyn and Parker Lauzon, except where noted.
|1.||"A Cross and a Girl Named Blessed"||3:52|
|2.||"Stop and Say You Love Me"||3:02|
|3.||"Cold (But I'm Still Here)"||3:53|
|7.||"Possession" (Sarah McLachlan)||3:32|
|8.||"Dark That Follows"||5:28|
|9.||"The Promise and the Threat"||4:33|
|Japanese bonus track|
- Evans Blue
- Kevin Matisyn - lead vocals
- Parker Lauzon - Rhythm guitar
- Vlad Tanaskovic - Lead guitar
- Joe Pitter - Bass
- Darryl Brown - Drums
- Additional musicians
- Stuart Cameron - Acoustic guitar on Beg. Lap steel on Beg and Cold (But I'm Still Here).
- Kevin Fox - Cello on Over, Possession and Stop and Say You'll Love Me.
- Michael Langford - All percussion
- Benita Lutz - Backing vocals on Beg.
- Tara MacLean - Backing vocals on Beg and Possession.
- Sam Taylor - Keys on Eclipsed.
- Produced by Trevor Kustiak
- Engineered by Michael Langford
- Mixed by Mark Makoway
- Mastered by Joao Carvalho at Joao Carvalho Mastering
- Recorded at The Pocket Studios
- Apar, Corey (2006-02-21). "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Evans Blue - The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.
- "iTunes - Music - The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume by Evans Blue". Itunes.apple.com. 2006-02-21. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume - Evans Blue". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.