|Born||1965 (age 55–56)|
Butte, Montana, United States
|Pen name||Patricia Briggs|
|Genre||fantasy, urban fantasy|
|Notable works||Mercy Thompson series|
Briggs began writing in 1990 and published her first novel Masques in 1993. She wrote primarily in the fantasy genre until her editor asked her to write an urban fantasy, since the genre was showing promising growth. Briggs wrote Moon Called, which was published in 2006 and made it to the USA Today bestseller lists. The second book in the series, Blood Bound, hit The New York Times Best Seller list. The third book, Iron Kissed, was a number one New York Times bestseller and subsequent novels have continued to perform similarly in sales.
- Masques (1993) also in Shifter's Wolf
- Wolfsbane (2010) also in Shifter's Wolf
- Steal the Dragon (1995)
- When Demons Walk (1998)
- Dragon Bones (2002)
- Dragon Blood (2003)
- Raven's Shadow (2004)
- Raven's Strike (2005)
For the complete Timeline for the "Mercyverse"
Mercy Thompson series
|5||Silver Borne||2010||Endeavour Award nominee|
|6||River Marked||2011||Endeavour Award nominee|
|8||Night Broken||2014||Endeavour Award nominee|
Alpha and Omega series
This stand-alone series is woven throughout the Mercyverse, following Anna, a fierce and empathetic werewolf, and Charles Cornick, the enforcer of the North American werewolves. "Alpha and Omega" occurs before the events of Mercy's story. Then, starting with "Cry Wolf", which is set right after the events of "Moon Called", the series run parallel.
|1||Alpha and Omega||2007||On the Prowl
|Anna Latham and Charles Cornick meet.|
|2||Cry Wolf||2008||Using her abilities as a rare Omega, Anna helps Charles hunt a dark magic-bound, rogue
werewolf, who threatens the survival of the whole pack.
|3||Hunting Ground||2009||When Anna is attacked by vampires using pack magic, the kind of power only werewolves
should be able to draw on, Charles and Anna must combine their talents to hunt down
whoever is behind it all or risk losing everything
|4||Fair Game||2012||Anna and Charles help the FBI track a local serial killer, who targets the preternatural.|
|5||Dead Heat||2015||While on vacation, Anna and Charles find themselves in the crossfire of the start of a
dangerous war with the fae.
|6||Burn Bright||2018||Heading into the mountainous wilderness, Anna and Charles must use their skills to track
down attackers and survive the reopening of a painful chapter in the past that springs from
the darkest magic of the witchborn.
- The Hob's Bargain (2001)
Set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson series
- Mercy Thompson: Homecoming (2009)
- Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called (2012)
- Cry Wolf: Alpha and Omega (2012)
- Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly (2014)
Anthologies and Collections
|Anthology or Collection||Contents||Publication
|Adventures of Sword and Sorcery||Wishing Well||1999||Double Star Press||Edited by Randy Dannenfelser.
Also available on Patricia Briggs' website.
|Silver Birch, Blood Moon||The Price||1999||edited by Terri Windling and Ellen Datlow.|
|On the Prowl||Alpha and Omega||2007|
|Wolfsbane and Mistletoe||Star of David||2008|
|Strange Brew||Seeing Eye||2009|
|Naked City||Fairy Gifts||2011|
|Home Improvement: Undead Version||Gray||2011|
|Down These Strange Streets||In Red, With Pearls||2011|
|The Urban Fantasy Anthology||Seeing Eye||2011|
|Weird Detectives: Recent Investigations||Star of David||2013|
Roses in Winter
Alpha and Omega
The Star of David
In Red, with Pearls
|2014||an anthology of short fiction set in Mercedes Thompson's world|
|A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories||Unappreciated Gifts||2014|
|Fantastic Hope||Asil and the Not-Date||2020|
- "15 More Celebrities With Ties to Tri-Cities + Mid Columbia". Hot 97.5 Online. February 18, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Biography". Archived from the original on February 3, 2016. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Best Sellers". The New York Times Best Seller list. March 20, 2011. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- Briggs, Patricia. "Books". Hurog. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
This series is set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson Series, but on a slightly earlier time line. It begins with a novella titled Alpha and Omega published in the On the Prowl anthology.
- Shifting Shadows. OCLC 879261555.
- "Renee's Book Addiction". September 10, 2009. Archived from the original on August 26, 2011.
- "Dead Heat". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Cry Wolf: Alpha and Omega. OCLC 822493288.
- "Double Star Press - Bibliography". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Published Works". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Wishing Well". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Briggs, Patricia. "Wishing Well". Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- "Silver Birch, Blood Moon". Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Shifter's Wolf by Patricia Briggs
- Weird Detectives: Recent Investigations. OCLC 824183088.
- "Patricia Briggs Book List". Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- Mercyverse Timeline
- Patricia Briggs' Official Site
- Night Owl Reviews – Patricia Briggs Magazine Interview
- Fantastic Fiction – Patricia Briggs Biography
- Crescent Blue Author Interview: "Patricia Briggs"
- Novel synopses, cover art, and reviews at Fantasy Literature.net
- Fan Page, Spanish[permanent dead link]
- Patricia Briggs at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Fantasy News-Interview: "Patricia Briggs"