The Messenger (song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Daniel Lanois|
|from the album For the Beauty of Wynona|
|Released||March 9, 1993Canada)
March 23, 1993 (US)
Real World Bath, TakLab Paris, Dog Town Dublin, Grant Avenue Studio, Canada and Kingsway New Orleans
"The Messenger" is a song by Canadian songwriter Daniel Lanois. It is the first track of his album For the Beauty of Wynona. It was originally released as a US Promo CD single with the album length of 5:27 and a 4:32 edited version, along with three other singles, "Rain Weather", "Elle Est Bonne Et Belle", and "Another Silver Morning", taken from the Warner video Rocky World. The song was featured by the Huffington Post in their 100 Best Canadian Songs Ever, at number 96.
- The Messenger - Album Edit (4:32)
- The Messenger - Album Version (5:27)
- Rain Weather (3:49)
- Elle Est Bonne Et Belle (2:47)
- Another Silver Morning (4:23)
- Ostroff, Joshua (30 June 2014). "100 Best Canadian Songs Ever". Huffington Post. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Triptych - Era". The Tea Party: a visual discography. Darkwor. 2004. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- Illuminations (The Tea Party Collection) (DVD). Mississauga: EMI Music Canada. 2001.