The Milli Gazette
May 2010 Second Fortnight Front Page of The Milli Gazette
|Editor-in-chief||Dr. Zafarul Islam Khan|
|Headquarters||Pharos Media and Publishing Ltd
D-84 Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Milli Gazette (MG) is an English-language compact newspaper in India that describes itself as Indian Muslims' Leading English Newspaper. Feature articles generally cover global news concerning Muslims, focusing specially on Indian Muslim issues.
Milli Gazette was launched in January 2000 and its e-paper was launched in 2008. Quality of articles and scope of news coverage have improved at MG from previous years. Cartoons by Yusuf and 'Speaking Out' column by Nilofar Suhrawardy continue to be a major plus point for MG.
The Guardian, while quoting its editor, Dr. Zafarul Islam Khan, described the Milli Gazette as "a newspaper widely read among India's 140m Muslims" and "an influential newspaper for Indian Muslims."
Though it remains separate from mainstream media and is considered an alternative media it gets quoted by mainstream often, for example The Hindu, Rediff, The Indian Express, etc.
- Human rights
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Special Reports
- Book Reviews
- Community News
- Islamic Perspectives
- Rejoinders and Opinions
-Source print edition for the second Fortnight of May 2010.
- Abdus Sattar Ghazali
- Asghar Ali Engineer
- Balraj Puri
- Karamatullah K. Ghori
- Kaleem Kawaja
- Nilofar Suhrawardy
- Ram Puniyani
- Syed Shahabuddin
- Indian Muslim media of 2008 TwoCircles.net, 02-11-2009, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Bangladeshi writer goes into hiding The Guardian, 27-11-2007, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Leading Indians campaign for exiled writer The Guardian, 11-02-2008, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Bring back Jagannath Azad’s Pakistan anthem The Hindu, 22-09-2009, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- New tensions on the political scene The Hindu, 06-03-2006, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- The many myths of Jhandewalan The Hindu, 21-02-2006, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Punjab: Sikhs rebuild mosque destroyed during 1947 Rediff.com, 05-06-2010, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Time for reservations in minority institutions Rediff.com, 20-12-2005, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Time for reservations in minority institutions Rediff.com, 09-06-2003, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Meanwhile, the politicians are rushing in Indian Express, 16-07-2006, Retrieved 10-06-2010
- Milli Gazette: Ten years of a community newspaper TwoCircles.net, 03-02-2010, Retrieved 10-06-2010