The Mills (band)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Rock, alternative rock|
The Mills are a Colombian rock band based in Bogotá. The band's musical style is greatly influenced by Alternative rock. Their first album, Babel, reached No. 1 at Colombian radio stations Radioactiva and La X. They are managed by Roberto Andrade Dirak.
2007-2009: Influenced by alternative rock bands U2, Coldplay and Radiohead, the band was formed in 2007 and released an EP entitled Don't Care What They Think. It featured English lyrics and was produced by Luis Charry, guitarist for The Hall Effect.
The band gained recognition as one of the new leading acts in Colombian rock, according to an article in the Colombian edition of Rolling Stone Magazine, which paid compliments to the band's British influences and sound quality.
2009-2011: Babel The mills released their first album: Babel. This album was recorded in Bogota by the discografy of Cabeza de raton and it shows a mixture of alternative rock, indie and latin rock. This first album has 13 songs in Spanish and English with great singles like: "Before i go to sleep" and "Abran fuego". This album also has a cover of "Lobo hombre en paris" of the Spanish rock band La Union. This singles rise up the Mills to the top of the best Colombian rockbands.
2011-2013: Guadalupe They released a second named Gudalupe,
2014: The band show their new single: "El amor duele" from a new next album.
- Bako (Álvaro Charry) – vocals
- Geogy (Jorge Luis Bello) – guitar
- Dizee (Diego Cáceres) – keyboards, backing vocals
- Ray (Ramón Gutiérrez) – bass
- Cadavid (Diego Cadavid) – drums
- Don't Care What They Think (EP). Independent (2007)
- Babel. (2009)
- Guadalupe. (2011)
- The Mills Biography Archived 2011-07-15 at the Wayback Machine on Radioacktiva
- Daniel Casas, "The Mills, Rock bogotano contagiado de Glasgow, Dublin y Londres". Rolling Stone. Edición Colombia, noviembre 2007; "The Mills". Revista Shock, www.shock.com.co
- The Mills y su nuevo tema 'Let it Go'. Radiónica, 4 septiembre 2008; "Mars Volta: Puro voltaje Latino". Caja de Resonancia, El Tiempo, 29 octubre 2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Mills.|