The Mind of Mr. Reeder
|The Mind of Mr. Reeder|
U.S. lobby card
|Directed by||Jack Raymond|
|Produced by||Charles Q. Steel|
|Written by||Marjorie Gaffney
Bryan Edgar Wallace
|Based on||The Mind of Mr. J. G. Reeder by Edgar Wallace|
|Music by||Percival Mackey|
Jack Raymond Productions
|Distributed by||Grand National Pictures (UK)|
|13 January 1940 (UK)|
The Mind of Mr. Reeder is a 1939 British, black-and-white, crime, mystery, directed by Jack Raymond and starring Ronald Shiner as Sam Hackett. It was produced by Jack Raymond Productions. Allmovie lists the U.S. film title of The Mysterious Mr. Reeder. Its accompanying Synopsis follows. Also, Ronald Shiner, Will Fyffe and Jack Raymond were all involved in another Mr. Reeder film, The Missing People. The film is based on a novel by Edgar Wallace.
Will Fyffe makes another appearance as Mr. Reeder, the seemingly absent-minded Scotland Yard sleuth created by Edgar Wallace. This time, the canny Reeder is hot on the trail of a counterfeiting gang. In his own disheveled fashion, he puts the criminals off guard long enough to swoop in for the kill in the final reel. Among the suspects is Welford (George Curzon), the eye-twitching murderer from Alfred Hitchcock's Young and Innocent. In keeping with his character's essential Britishness, Will Fyffe dispenses with his trademarked Scottish accent in this outing.
- J.G. Reeder - Will Fyffe
- Peggy Gillette - Kay Walsh
- Welford - George Curzon
- Elsa Welford - Chili Bouchier
- Ted Bracher - John Warwick
- Mrs. Gaylor - Lesley Wareing
- Inspector Gaylor - Romilly Lunge
- Barmaid - Betty Astell
- Langdon - Derek Gorst
- Sam Hackett -Ronald Shiner
- Lomer - Wally Patch
- Brady - George Hayes
- and - Patricia Roc
- "The Mysterious Mr. Reeder (1939)". IMDb. 30 April 1940.
- "The Mysterious Mr. Reeder (1940) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "The Missing People". BFI.
- "Ronald Shiner movies, photos, movie reviews, filmography, and biography - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "The Mind of Mr. Reeder". BFI.
- The Mind of Mr. Reeder at AllMovie
- The Mind of Mr. Reeder at the British Film Institute's Film and TV Database
- The Mind of Mr. Reeder at the Internet Movie Database
|This article related to a British film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mystery film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|