The Mira Hong Kong
|The Mira Hong Kong|
|Location||118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong|
|Management||Miramar Hotel and Investment|
|Design and construction|
The hotel was formerly named Hotel Miramar. It opened in 1948, with 32 rooms, as Hong Kong's first post-war hotel. A major expansion in 1953 added 160 new rooms. It was purchased in 1957 from a Spanish mission by the founders of Miramar Hotel and Investment Company, Limited. A new wing was built in two phases, increasing the number of rooms to 380 by 1973.
The grand opening of the rebranded and redesigned hotel took place on 17 September 2009.
In 2013 after fleeing Hawaii, Edward Snowden stayed in The Mira as he announced that he had leaked classified documents of the National Security Agency (NSA). The short film Verax features the hotel. The film's budget included a one night stay at The Mira, the most expensive item on the budget.
On 21 January 2019, a window fell from the hotel and killed a passerby walking on Nathan Road.
-  Archived January 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Domain.com". Hoteldesign.nu. Retrieved 2015-02-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Mira Hotel, Hong Kong | We Heart; Lifestyle & Design Magazine". Weheart.co.uk. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2015-02-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Historic Building Appraisal : Cheung Chan theatre" (PDF). Lcsd.gov.hk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2015-02-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Miramar still a firm favourite". South China Morning Post. 25 May 1986.
-  Archived December 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110410163455/http://www.miramar-group.com/en/~/media/Files/Group/Press_Centre/Press_Releases/Ribbon%20cutting%20press%20release%20E.ashx. Archived from the original on April 10, 2011. Retrieved April 20, 2011. Missing or empty
|title=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hong Kong directors make first Snowden film | South China Morning Post". Scmp.com. Retrieved 2015-02-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Patrick Frater (2013-07-01). "Edward Snowden Short Film Team Delivers Digital Snap Shot". Variety. Retrieved 2015-02-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cheng, Kris (21 January 2019). "Police arrest hotel cleaner after tourist killed by falling window in Tsim Sha Tsui". Hong Kong Free Press.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Mira Hong Kong.|