The Mira Hong Kong
|The Mira Hong Kong|
The Mira Hong Kong
|Location||118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. At the corner of Kimberley Road.|
|Design and construction|
The Mira Hong Kong is an upscale hotel located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong which is the first Hong Kong property to join the Berlin-based global Design Hotels™ network. There are 492 rooms and suites, 6 restaurants and bars and a spa centre. It was renovated in 2009 and it became a smoke-free hotel in 2011.
The hotel was formerly named Hotel Miramar. It had been purchased in 1957 from a Spanish mission by the founders of Miramar Hotel and Investment Company, Limited. The grand opening of the rebranded and redesigned hotel took place on September 17, 2009.
In 2013 after fleeing Hawaii, Edward Snowden stayed in The Mira as he announced that he had leaked classified documents of the National Security Agency (NSA). The short film Verax features the hotel. The film's budget included a one night stay at The Mira, the most expensive item on the budget.
-  Archived January 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Domain.com". Hoteldesign.nu. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- "The Mira Hotel, Hong Kong | We Heart; Lifestyle & Design Magazine". Weheart.co.uk. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- "Historic Building Appraisal : Cheung Chan theatre" (PDF). Lcsd.gov.hk. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
-  Archived September 28, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived December 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110410163455/http://www.miramar-group.com/en/~/media/Files/Group/Press_Centre/Press_Releases/Ribbon%20cutting%20press%20release%20E.ashx. Archived from the original on April 10, 2011. Retrieved April 20, 2011. Missing or empty
- "Hong Kong directors make first Snowden film | South China Morning Post". Scmp.com. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- Patrick Frater (2013-07-01). "Edward Snowden Short Film Team Delivers Digital Snap Shot". Variety. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Mira Hong Kong.|