The Miracle of Joe Petrel
|The Miracle of Joe Petrel|
|Directed by||Toshiya Fujita|
|Produced by||Toshio Nabeshima|
|Screenplay by||Toshiya Fujita|
|April 28, 1984|
The Miracle of Joe Petrel (海燕ジョーの奇跡 Umitsubame Jō no kiseki) is a 1984 Japanese film directed by Toshiya Fujita.
Joe Petrel (Umitsubame Joe) is a half-Filipino, half-Okinawan gangster who escapes to the Philippines after killing a mob boss. The film chronicles his misadventures with underworld characters and the police.
- Saburō Tokitō as Umitsubame Joe
- Miwako Fujitani as Yōko Tamaki
- Kunie Tanaka as Dosegashira
- Kentarō Shimizu as Sawai
- Yoshio Harada as Yonamine
- Toshiro Mifune as the Fisherman
- Best Actor - Saburō Tokitō
- Jacoby, Alexander (2008). A Critical Handbook of Japanese Film Directors. Berkeley: Stone Bridge Press. pp. 13–14. ISBN 978-1-933330-53-2.
- "Umi Isubame Joe No Kiseki (1984)". allmovie.com. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- 報知映画賞ヒストリー (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Archived from the original on 2009-01-31. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- The Miracle of Joe Petrel on IMDb
- The Miracle of Joe Petrel at the Japanese Movie Database ‹See Tfd›(in Japanese)
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|