The Missing Picture
|The Missing Picture|
|Directed by||Rithy Panh|
|Produced by||Catherine Dussart|
|Music by||Marc Marder|
|Distributed by||Les Acacias (France)|
The Missing Picture (French: L'Image manquante) is a 2013 Cambodian-French documentary film directed by Rithy Panh about the Khmer Rouge. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival where it won the top prize. It was also screened in the World Cinema section at the 2013 Cinemanila International Film Festival where it won the Grand Jury Prize. It won the Lumières Award for Best Documentary at the 21st Lumières Awards and was nominated for the César Award for Best Documentary Film at the 41st César Awards.
The film was nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards. Approximately half of the film is news and documentary footage, while the other half uses clay figurines to dramatise what happened in Cambodia when Pol Pot came to power.
- List of submissions to the 86th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Cambodian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "The Missing Picture movie (2013)". Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "The Missing Picture". Screen International. 20 May 2013.
- "Oscars: best foreign film contenders". BBC News. 21 February 2014.
- "Cannes Film Review: 'The Missing Picture'". Variety. 30 May 2013.
- Young, Neil (23 May 2013). "The Missing Picture (L'Image manquante): Cannes Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "2013 Official Selection". Cannes. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Richford, Rhonda (26 May 2013). "Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Cinemanila 2013 winners awarded Saturday night". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "France's Lumiere Awards: 'Mustang' Takes Top Honors". The Hollywood Reporter. 8 February 2016.
- "'Golden Years,' 'Marguerite,' 'Dheepan,' 'Mustang' Lead Cesar Nominations". Variety.
- "Oscars: Main nominations 2014". BBC News. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "The Missing Picture – review". The Guardian. 28 February 2014.
- Turan, Kenneth (3 October 2013). "Review: 'The Missing Picture' a poetic study of Khmer Rouge horrors". Los Angeles Times.
- Christopher Bourne. "New York Film Fest 2013 Review: THE MISSING PICTURE, A Hauntingly Poetic Work of Emotional and Historical Archeology". TwitchFilm. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.