The Mob Rules
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"The Mob Rules"|
|Single by Black Sabbath|
|from the album Mob Rules|
|B-side||"Die Young" (live)|
|Songwriter(s)||Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler|
|Black Sabbath singles chronology|
|Mob Rules track listing|
|The Dio Years track listing|
|Live at Hammersmith Odeon track listing|
|Cross Purposes Live track listing|
"The Mob Rules" is a song by British rock band Black Sabbath from their 1981 album, Mob Rules. The song was written by Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi. The song also released as the first single from the album.
- A. "The Mob Rules"
- B. "Die Young" (live)
- American heavy metal band Fozzy covered the song on their 2002 album Happenstance.
- American heavy metal group Iced Earth released a cover of the song on the iTunes version of their 2011 album, Dystopia.
- American heavy metal band Benedictum recorded a cover on their 2006 debut album, Uncreation.
- Norwegian heavy metal artist, Jorn recorded a cover the Japanese edition of his 2012 album, Bring Heavy Rock to the Land. A version featuring an orchestra arrangement appeared on his 2013 compilation album Symphonic.
- American heavy metal band Adrenaline Mob recorded a cover on their 2013 EP, Coverta.
In popular culture
- An alternate recording of the song was featured in the 1981 movie Heavy Metal.
- The song was used in the first trailer for the 2009 video game Brütal Legend.
- Although not credited, a MIDI rendition of this song appears in the SNES and Genesis version of Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage.
|UK Singles Chart||46|