The Modesto Bee
|Owner(s)||Chatham Asset Management, LLC|
(formerly: McClatchy Company)
(as Daily Evening News)
|Headquarters||948 11th St., Third floor|
Modesto, CA 95352
The Modesto Bee is a California newspaper, founded in 1884 as the Daily Evening News and published continuously as a daily under a variety of names. Prior to its purchase by Charles K. McClatchy and McClatchy Newspapers in 1924, it merged in the same year with the Modesto News-Herald, adopting that name as part of a consolidation. In 1933 it changed its name to the Modesto Bee and News-Herald, and in 1975 abbreviated the name on its masthead to The Modesto Bee. Its current owner is the descendant firm, McClatchy Company, an American newspaper corporation.
The Modesto Bee has about 70 employees and is delivered throughout central California, reaching places such as Modesto, Turlock, Oakdale, Ceres, Patterson and Sonora. It currently serves 29,729 morning subscribers and 37,616 on Sundays.
The Modesto Bee's website, www.modbee.com, attracts more than 1 million unique visitors every month.
- "McClatchy, Family-Run News Chain, Goes to Hedge Fund in Bankruptcy Sale". The New York Times. August 2020. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- "The Modesto Bee's head of advertising named as newspaper's general manager". The Modesto Bee. December 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "New editor named for The Modesto Bee". The Modesto Bee. March 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- "Our Impact". McClatchy Newspapers. November 2020. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- The Modesto Bee official website
- The Modesto Bee official mobile website
- The Modesto Bee RSS feeds
- The McClatchy Company's subsidiary profile of The Modesto Bee