The Moneypenny Diaries: Final Fling
as "Kate Westbrook"
|Cover artist||Stina Perrson|
|1 May 2008|
|Preceded by||Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries|
The Moneypenny Diaries: Final Fling  is the third in a trilogy of novels chronicling the life of Miss Moneypenny, M's personal secretary in Ian Fleming's James Bond series. The diaries are penned by Samantha Weinberg under the pseudonym Kate Westbrook, who is depicted as the book's "editor". The novel was published by John Murray publishers on May 1, 2008 in the UK in hardcover followed by the paperback on October 30, 2008. As with the second volume, no North American release has been announced as of May 2009.
From saving spies to private passions, this book covers the secret adventures of James Bond's right-hand woman. Jane Moneypenny may project a cool, calm and collected image but her secret diaries reveal a rather different story. Kate Westbrook is trying to publish Miss Moneypenny's diaries, but everyone she speaks to about them is trying to stop her. Whilst in consultation with Tanner it is hinted to Westbrook that her aunt was murdered because she was searching too hard for the MI6 mole.
Locations for this final adventure include Jamaica, the Outer Hebrides, Cambridge, and London. The storyline is almost evenly divided between the adventures of Miss Moneypenny and the modern adventures of author “Kate Westbrook.”
- "Moneypenny takes a ‘Final Fling’". The Literary 007. Retrieved May 23, 2007.[dead link]
- "'The Moneypenny Diaries' Vol. 3 Release Dates". The Moneypenny Diaries: Book 3 Release date. Retrieved May 22, 2007.
- "MI6.co.uk - Samantha Weinberg Interview". The Moneypenny Diaries: Plot Summary. Retrieved March 15, 2007.
- "More details of Moneypenny’s 'Final Fling'". The Literary 007. Retrieved September 3, 2007.[dead link]
- Ian Fleming Publications official website
- Samantha Weinberg Secret Servant interview - MI6.co.uk
- The Samantha Weinberg CBn Interview
|This article about a spy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|