The Movie Monster Game
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2016)|
|The Movie Monster Game|
The game offers a variety of scenarios, playable monsters, and cities to demolish (complete with famous landmarks, such as Tokyo Tower). The monsters are based on popular movie monsters such as The Blob, Mothra, and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and Epyx was able to secure licensing for Godzilla.
The gameplay is depicted on a movie screen in front of a movie theater crowd simulating an actual monster movie. Each scenario even starts off with an advertisement, (for Popcorn and "Gummi Glogs". In the Apple II version "Godzilla Mouthwash" is also featured), and other attractions, (such as promotions for other Epyx games like Summer Games, Summer Games II, Winter Games, and Super Cycle. In the Apple II version World Karate Championship and World Games is also advertised), before the "Feature Presentation" of the game begins.
The game includes 5 different scenarios for the player to play through.
- Berserk. The player must accumulate a certain amount of points by destroying as many buildings and vehicles as possible.
- Escape. The player must flee the city before being killed by the military.
- Search. The player must use the monster to rescue its offspring hidden in a building. Godzilla's son is depicted as Minilla.
- Destroy Landmark. The player must destroy a specific landmark within the city such as the Statue of Liberty in New York City, the Tokyo Tower in Tokyo, Big Ben in London, etc.
- Lunch. The player must satisfy the monsters hunger by eating vehicles and civilians until the monsters hunger meter is depleted.
The monsters in this game include:
- Sphectra ( a giant wasp)
- The Glog (a huge green blob with red eyes)
- Tarantus (a giant Tarantula)
- Mr. Meringue (a knock-off of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man)
- Mechatron (a giant robot)
The cities featured in the game are
|This section requires expansion. (May 2015)|
- Ardai, Charles (April 1987). "Titans of the Computer Gaming World / Part 1 of V: Ardai on Epyx". Computer Gaming World. p. 12.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|