The Muppet Newsman
|The Muppet Newsman|
|First appearance||The Muppet Show|
|Performed by||Jim Henson (1976—1989)
Steve Whitmire (2008—present)
Jerry Nelson (1996)
Brian Henson (2001—2003)
The Muppet Newsman is the regular news reporter for The Muppet Show. Originally performed by Jim Henson, the Newsman always tried to deliver the news with accuracy, but was visibly flummoxed on camera by the day's latest bizarre story or interview. Interviews were a more common part of the News Flash in its first season, where the interviewees were portrayed by the show's guest star. From the second season onward, he had a streak of bad luck that usually culminated in some person or object - somehow related to the day's story - falling on his head.
- In the scripts for season one of The Muppet Show, the character was called Muppet Reporter. It was changed to the Newsman in season two.
- In The Muppet Show Annual 1977, he is called "The Muppet News Reporter."
- In some merchandise, such as the Palisades Toys action figure of the Newsman, he is called Muppet Newsman.
- In Muppet Party Cruise, he is listed as Muppet Newscaster.
- Jim Henson: The Muppet Show (1976) - The Jim Henson Hour (1989)
- Steve Whitmire: Muppets.com (2008) - present
- Jerry Nelson: Muppets Inside CD-ROM (1996)
- Brian Henson: The Muppet Show Live (2001), Muppets Party Cruise (2003)
|This puppet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|