|Author||W. Cleon Skousen|
|Cover artist||Izzard Ink Publishing|
|Published||1958, 2014 (Izzard Ink Publishing)|
|LC Class||HX44 .S5585 2009|
The Naked Communist is a 1958 anti-communist book by American faith-based political theorist W. Cleon Skousen, a former FBI employee. The main subject of the book is an alleged communist plot to overcome and control all of the world's governments through the implementation of social progressivism and by undermining American foreign policy through the promotion of internationalism and pacifism. The early chapters of the book cover the philosophy of Marxism and Soviet Communism as well as some of the history of communist power in various countries including the Soviet Union, China and Cuba.
The book has been reprinted several times—most recently in a 2017 printing through Izzard Ink Publishing—and it has sold more than one million copies. The book has been highly discussed by American conservatives Glenn Beck and Ben Carson, the latter of whom stated, "The Naked Communist lays out the whole progressive plan. It is unbelievable how fast it has been achieved." In 1963, a portion of the book was read into the United States Congressional Record.
- Umbr(a): The Object. The Center for the Study of Psychoanalysis and Culture. 2014. ISBN 9780979953965. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Vegső, Roland (2012). The Naked Communist: Cold War Modernism and the Politics of Popular Culture. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780823245581. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Haddock, Sharon. "Beck's backing bumps Skousen book to top". Deseret News. Archived from the original on June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Wilentz, Sean (October 18, 2010). "Confounding Fathers". The New Yorker. Vol. 86, no. 32. p. 32. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "The Kelly File with Ben Carson". The Kelly File with Ben Carson. YouTube. Archived from the original on December 20, 2021.
- "Urban Faith The Naked Communist". Urban Faith The Naked Communist. Urban Faith. Archived from the original on June 10, 2015. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Mattingly, Phil (October 15, 2014). "Ben Carson's Longshot Presidential Bid Suddenly Looks a Lot More Realistic". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Herlong, A. S. Jr. (1963). "Current Communist Goals". Congressional Record. 109: A34–A35.