The Naked Maja
- For the painting by Francisco de Goya whose title is often translated as "The Naked Maja", see La maja desnuda.
|The Naked Maja|
Theatrical Film Poster
|Directed by||Henry Koster|
Silvio Clementelli |
Oscar Saul (story)
Talbot Jennings (story)
Ava Gardner |
|Music by||Angelo Lavagnino|
|Edited by||Mario Serandrei|
|Box office||$1 million (outside US/Canada)|
The Naked Maja is a 1958 Italian-French-American co-production made by S.G.C., Titanus Films, and United Artists. This historical film recounting of the romance between the painter Francisco Goya and the Duchess of Alba was directed by Henry Koster, and produced by Silvio Clementelli and Goffredo Lombardo. The screenplay was by Norman Corwin, Giorgio Prosperi and Albert Lewin based on a story by Oscar Saul and Talbot Jennings. The music score was by Angelo Lavagnino and the cinematography by Giuseppe Rotunno.
Partial list of actors:
- Ava Gardner as Maria Teresa de Cayetana, Duchess of Alba
- Anthony Franciosa as Francisco Goya y Lucientes
- Amedeo Nazzari as Manuel Godoy
- Gino Cervi as King Carlos IV
- Lea Padovani as Queen Maria Luisa
- Massimo Serato as Rodrigo Sanchez
- Renzo Cesana as Bayeu
- Carlo Giustini as José
According to MGM records the film earned $1 million at the box office outside the US and Canada resulting in a loss to the studio of $513,000.
|This article about a biographical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|