The Narrows (disambiguation)
(Redirected from The Narrows (novel))Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Narrows is most notably the name of a strait in New York City separating Brooklyn and Staten Island.
The Narrows is also the name of several geographic features around the world:
- The Narrows (Antarctica), a strait
- The Narrows, Halifax, a strait in Halifax Harbour, Nova Scotia; the Halifax Explosion occurred here in 1917
- The Narrows, Manitoba, a community in Division No. 19, Manitoba
- The Narrows, the entrance to the harbour at St. John's, Newfoundland.
- The Narrows, a former rapid on the Columbia River in British Columbia, now submerged as a flatwater narrows between Upper and Lower Arrow Lakes
- The Narrows, a small stretch of water on Fish Egg Inlet, a small inlet west of Rivers Inlet on the Central Coast of British Columbia
- The Narrows (Saint Kitts and Nevis), the strait between the islands of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- United States
- The Narrows (Alaska), a channel in Southeast Alaska
- The Narrows is the name of one leg of the original main entrance to Boston Harbor
- The Narrows including Celilo Falls, part of a series of rapids upstream of The Dalles, Oregon
- The Narrows (Knox County, Texas), a narrow ridge separating the watersheds of the Wichita River and Brazos River
- The Narrows (Pennsylvania), a water gap where the Raystown Branch Juniata River passes through Evitts Mountain in Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- The Narrows (Zion National Park), along the North Fork Virgin River in Zion National Park, Utah
- Places known informally as "The Narrows"
- Cumberland Narrows, a water gap located northwest of Cumberland, Maryland, where Wills Creek cuts through Haystack and Wills Mountain
- The Kent Narrows in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- The Tacoma Narrows in Pierce County, Washington
- any number of marine locations in British Columbia, the most notable being Seymour Narrows, Skookumchuck Narrows, Cinnemouson Narrows and the First and Second Narrows of Burrard Inlet
The Narrows may also refer to:
- A fictional enclosed neighbourhood in Gotham City appearing in the Batman stories
- The Narrows (Petry novel)
- The Narrows (film)
- The Narrows (Connelly novel)
- Narrows (band), formed by Dave Verellen
- Narrows, Georgia, an unincorporated town
- Narrows Inlet
- Narrow (disambiguation)
- Narro (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Narrows.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.