The Neighborhoods are a Boston rock band formed in 1978. The band earned local fame by playing regularly at Boston venues such as The Rat and winning the WBCN Rock 'n' Roll Rumble in 1979 (beating out La Peste, Mission of Burma, among others). Their 1980 debut single, "Prettiest Girl" (b/w "No Place Like Home") was a local hit. The band broke up for a short time between 1980-1981, but reformed in 1982 with bassist Lee Harrington and went on to release 5 albums between 1984-1991. In 1987 they opened for David Bowie on his Glass Spider tour at Sullivan Stadium in Foxborough, MA and later toured with the Ramones in '87, Cheap Trick in '90 and Tin Machine in '91. In 1992 they decided to disband and played what was supposed to be their farewell show at The Rat. A recording of that show was released in 2010 as a double live CD with Brad Whitford of Aerosmith guesting on 2 songs. Whitford produced the band's 1990 and 1991 albums. The band reformed in 2003 with Minehan, Harrington and Johnny "Rock" Lynch (Avoid One Thing) and continues to play shows today. In 2005, the band was inducted into the Boston Music Awards Hall of Fame and in 2006, their song "Parasite" was featured on the Guitar Hero 2 game and soundtrack. The band is currently working on a new studio album at David Minehan's Woolly Mammoth Sound Studios in Waltham, MA.
- David Minehan - Guitar, Vocals (1978–present)
- Jim Bowman - Bass (1978-1979)
- John Hartcorn - Bass (1979-1981)
- Tim Green - Bass (1981-1982)
- Lee Harrington - Bass (1982–present)
- "Careful" Mike Quaglia - Drums (1978-1990)
- Carl Coletti - Drums (1990-1992)
- Johnny "Rock" Lynch - Drums (2003–present)
- Dan Batal - Guitar (1990)
- "Prettiest Girl"/"No Place Like Home" 7" single, Ace of Hearts Records, 1980
- Fire Is Coming, Mustang Records, 1984
- The High Hard One, Restless Records, 1986
- Reptile Men, Roadrunner Records/Emergo, 1987
- Hoodwinked, Roadrunner Records/Emergo, 1990
- The Neighborhoods, Third Stone Records/Atlantic, 1991
- The Last Rat: Live at The Rat '92, Ram Van Records, 2010
- "Boston 101:"Prettiest Girl" The Neighborhoods".
- "Neighborhoods in uproar". UniversalHub. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "CD Reviews: THE NEIGHBORHOODS The Last Rat: Live at the Rat '92". The Noise. March 1, 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.