Olivia Nervo (left) and Miriam Nervo (right) at Life Ball 2014.
|Also known as||
|Born||18 February 1987|
Miriam Nervo and Olivia Nervo (born 18 February 1987) are Australian musicians, record producers, composers, singers, songwriters, models and DJs better known by their stage name Nervo (styled NERVO). After signing with Sony/ATV Music Publishing at 18 years of age, the sisters pursued careers as songwriting partners and in 2008 they signed with Fredrik Olsson and his Swedish music publishing company Razor Boy Music Publishing, which led to co-writing the Grammy Award-winning single, "When Love Takes Over", performed by David Guetta and Kelly Rowland.
Sisters Miriam and Olivia Nervo were born and raised in Ivanhoe, Melbourne, Australia. They are of Italian descent. They studied at Genazzano FCJ College, a girls school in Kew, where they participated in rowing and swimming, but were mainly involved in music. They completed Year 12 and graduated in 1999. The twins began their careers as models with the Australian Chadwick Models Agency. Additionally, they were ambassadors at the L'Oreal Fashion Festival.
When the sisters were sixteen, a modeling agency took an interest in the pair, but Liv Nervo stated in April 2012 that music "was always the focus" for them.
The sisters were accepted into the Opera Australia Academy, but decided to pursue a music career instead. A contract was then signed with Sony/ATV Music Publishing and the duo subsequently embarked on a songwriting career. Initial recognition for the pair occurred following the single, "Negotiate with Love", written for British pop singer, Rachel Stevens, which reached tenth position in the United Kingdom (UK) music charts in 2005. Also in 2005, the duo released the single "Boobjob" which received substantial airplay in their native Australia. The duo went on to write for Kesha, Richard Grey, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Ashley Tisdale and the Pussycat Dolls.
When their publishing deal was set to expire they considered dropping their songwriting career due to a dissatisfaction with the modest level of success they had experienced while with the major publisher. Instead they were persuaded to give it another chance by signing with Fredrik Olsson (Music Executive) and his Swedish music publishing company Razor Boy Music Publishing in 2008. The move reaped quick rewards when the new publisher arranged a writing session with Kelly Rowland through Universal A&R Max Gousse. The group co-wrote Guetta and Rowland's number one dance hit, "When Love Takes Over" which went on to win a Grammy Award, in addition to reaching the top position on numerous charts around the world. The song was also ranked the No. 1 dance pop collaboration of all time by Billboard.
In March 2010, Nervo announced a worldwide recording deal with Virgin Records/EMI Music, which included a joint venture to release new artists that Nervo discover and produce. A month later, NERVO released their club single "This Kind of Love" through their independent UK-based dance record label, Loaded Records. It went number one on the world club charts, number two on the Music Week club charts and number six on the Music Week pop charts. In June 2010, Allison Iraheta released the single "Don't Waste the Pretty", co-written by Nervo. The twins also worked on records for Kylie Minogue's eleventh Aphrodite, Britney Spears, Cheryl Cole, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Armin Van Buuren and for Kelly Rowland's self-titled, third studio album. They also released the single "Irresistible" on Positiva/Armada, which reached number one on the UK Club Chart.
In July, after DJing at Belgium's Tomorrowland, they wrote a track with Afrojack, "The Way We See The World (Tomorrowland Anthem)" and followed this with "We're All No One" featuring Afrojack and Steve Aoki which reached number one on the UK club charts. In August, NERVO signed with modeling agency, Wilhelmina Models. They were also featured in Pacha magazine. They wrote the track "Night of Your Life" performed by Jennifer Hudson on David Guetta's new album Nothing but the Beat. They wrote, vocally produced and arranged Agnes Carlsson's single, "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". The group also wrote Nicole Scherzinger's single "Try With Me".
Nervo began their 2013 music production schedule with "Like Home", with Nicky Romero, followed by the Nervo single "Hold On", which was released to iTunes on 9 April. The music video for "Hold On" was released on 19 April and uploaded to their VEVO channel on YouTube. In June 2013, Nervo were featured on the cover of Spanish magazine S Moda and a feature article that included further posed photographs was published on the magazine's website in May. In July 2013 Nervo wrote Daichi Miura's single "GO FOR IT". In November they also worked on records for Daichi Miura's fourth "The Entertainer", which reached No. 5 on the Japan chart.
On 24 February 2015, the girls released a new single titled "It Feels." In March, they also collaborated with Kreayshawn, Dev and Alisa Ueno for "Hey Ricky". Both "Hey Ricky" and "It Feels" appear on their forthcoming debut artist album Collateral, set for release on 24 July 2015.
In May 2013, the duo filmed scenes for the soap opera One Life to Live that included dialogue in addition to their performing DJ roles. The girls also appear on Episode 6 of the TV show Styled to Rock set to air 29 November 2013.
In June 2011, Nervo opened for pop singer, Britney Spears on her sixth concert tour, the Femme Fatale Tour, along with Nicki Minaj and Jessie and the Toy Boys. They then hit the iD festival tour. They also launched a Las Vegas DJ residency with the Wynn Las Vegas. The duo also performed a DJ set at Belgium's Tomorrowland event.
In 2012, Nervo played at Creamfields alongside Fatboy Slim and Dream Valley Festival booth in Brazil and the Sunset Music Festival in Tampa. They also played at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas and the Spring Awakening Music Festival in Chicago in June 2012. In July 2012, the twins DJd again at Belgium's Tomorrowland and performed at the Electric Zoo event in New York City, over the American Labor Day weekend.
On 7 November 2012 COVERGIRL announced the signing of DJ duo and sisters NERVO.
In January they played on the bill of Central America's first electronic music festival The Day After. The festival was held in Panama City, Panama and also featured David Guetta, Afrojack, Rehab and others.
NERVO played twice at Ultra Music Festival in Miami, Florida, U.S. They played on the "Ultra Worldwide" stage on Weekend 1 and on the "Main Stage" during Weekend 2.
During March and April they toured throughout Mexico with the Alive Music Festival, alongside Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. In April they also announced a residency at Hakkasan Nightclub in the MGM Grand Las Vegas
In July they performed at the first Electric Daisy Carnival in London, followed by the Main Stage and the Dim Mak Stage (alongside Steve Aoki) at Belgium's Tomorrowland festival. The girls also headed back to Ibiza for their NERVO Nation residency at Ushuaia Beach Hotel.
In September they played at the three-day TomorrowWorld Festival in Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia, US. The festival was the inaugural US version of the Belgian Tomorrowland event and was held at a farm near Atlanta.
In October they played on the same bill as Empire of the Sun, A-Trak and Mord Fustang at Spookfest. Held at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, US, Spookfest is an event organised by the Live 105 radio station and its electronic dance music specialty program "Subsonic".
Nervo performed at Digital Dreams 2014 in Toronto, Canada along with many others like Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Eric Prydz and Tiesto. In addition, Nervo also performed at Escapade 2014 in Ottawa, Canada alongside well-known DJ's, such as Kaskade, Carnage and Zeds Dead.
Over the Memorial Day weekend in May 2014, they performed during the first U.S. edition of Mysteryland which was held at the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, the site of the notable Woodstock festival held in 1969. A few months later, Nervo played on the mainstage of the original version of Mysteryland, at Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands.
In April 2015, it was announced that Nervo will release a single with Kylie Minogue, Jake Shears and Nile Rodgers soon and will be featured on the upcoming album Collateral. In May 2015, Nervo played in the second and third days of Tomorrowland Brasil, the first edition of Tomorrowland (festival) held in Brazil during 1 – 3 May.
In July 2015, Nervo played on the second day of the WiSH Outdoor festival held in the Netherlands from 3 July. – 5 July. In December 2015, Nervo played on the second day of EDC festival in Brasil.
In July 2016, Nervo played at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada for the Miss USA 2016 swimsuit competition.
- Collateral (2015)
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Robehmed, Natalie. "Why NERVO Might Just Be The Highest-Paid Female Act In EDM". Forbes.com. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "NERVO Bio, Music, News & Shows". DJZ.com. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Nervo - Electronica Oasis". Electronicaoasis.com. 3 January 2011. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Olivia (Liv) & Miriam (Mim) Nervo: Outstanding Young Alumnae Award Recipients (1999)". Gen Narrations: 30. January 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Liv and Mim Nervo". Chadwickmodels.com. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "Tuneful Nervo sisters dressed to thrill Melbourne Fashion Festival". Herald Sun. 14 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- Independent Philly (7 April 2012). "Interview with Liv Nervo". Independent Philly. Wordpress.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Darren Ressler (23 August 2011). "Aussie Twin Hitmakers Nervo Have Blonde Ambition". Société Perrier. Mirrorball Group LLC. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "A bit of Nervo verve". geelongadvertiser.com. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- acharts.us. "Rachel Stevens – Negotiate With Love". acharts.us. acharts.us. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Modelling Twins... (Vogue Australia Forums)". Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Introducing... NERVO – Popjustice (Google Cache)". 9 February 2005. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Interview with Fredrik Olsson". HitQuarters. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Grammy.com (2012). "54th Annual GRAMMY Awards Nominees And Winners". Grammy.com. The Recording Academy. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Tyler Trew. "Billboard Announces Top 10 Pop-Dance Collaborations of All Time". Your EDM. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- EMI Music (23 March 2010). "Astralwerks/Virgin Records signs red-hot songwriter-producer duo NERVO to multi-faceted artist and label deal". EMI Music. EMI Group Limited. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Pop in Stereo (26 April 2010). "NERVO Release "This Kind of Love" Featuring Ollie James". Pop in Stereo. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "Aussie songwriting twins Mim and Liv Nervo team with Kylie". The Daily Telegraph. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "Britney Spears asks Olivia and Mirian Nervo to write songs". The Daily Telegraph. 13 July 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- Moran, Jonathon (5 September 2010). "Sisters with lots of Nervo". The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "German Site Interview". kellyrowland.com. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- The Las Vegas Tribune (31 August 2011). "Grammy Winner Joan Sebastian". The Las Vegas Tribune. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Pasha Magazine". Pasha Magazine. Pasha Group. July 2011. pp. 158–159. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- sirius (18 November 2011). "Mim and Liv: Nervo Nation On SiriusXM BPM". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Dylan Farella (4 June 2012). "Nervo – You're Gonna Love Again (Extended Mix)". Dancing Astronaut. Dancing Astronaut™, Inc. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- charliecharlos (11 January 2012). "ARTIST INTERVIEW: NERVO". Drop The Beat SD. Carlos Garay. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- BRENDA OTERO; FRANCESCA RINCIARI (11 May 2013). "Nervo, las 'dj' creadoras de tendencias musicales y estéticas". S Moda (in Spanish). Conde Nast. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "NERVO Feels Good With Their New Track". Wegotthiscovered.com. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Nappy (15 May 2013). "Watch NERVO Behind the Scenes at "One Life to Live"". Do Androids Dance?. Complex Media. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Styled to Rock – Zap2it | TV Listing". Tvlistings.zap2it.com. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Nervo spins the Alize Lounge". Dancemusic.about.com. 11 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- Jocelyn Vena (12 April 2011). "Britney Spears To Tour With Nicki Minaj". MTV. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Staff (29 July 2011). "FESTIVAL FRIDAY: NERVO". Identity Festival. Identity Festival. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Susan Stapleton (2012). "NERVO Lands Residencies at Four Vegas Nightclubs". MetroWize. MetroWize. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Miss W (14 September 2011). "Thursday September 15, 2011: F*** Me I'm Famous with Nervo". The Ibiza Diaries. White Ibiza. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Pure Pacha All Gone Pete Tong Closing Party". Essential Ibiza. essentialibiza.com. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- LuizGustavoSavi (22 January 2012). "NERVO – Creamfields BRAZIL / Florianópolis 2012 HQ". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Schedule". Voodoo. Voodoo Experience. 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Escape from Wonderland Line Up Schedule" (PDF). Insomniac. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "NERVO Signs with COVERGIRL". New York Music News. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- shufuklo (5 January 2013). "Nervo live 2013 Opening @ the day after Panama City" (Video upload). *YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Alive Music Festival Nervo y Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike 2013". Songkick. Songkick. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Bayron Dayan López Castillo (7 April 2013). "NERVO – Alive Music Festival 2013 (Monterrey, México)" (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Rolo Nieto (10 April 2013). "Alive Music festival Chihuahua Nervo Hold On" (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "NERVO Announces Residency at Las Vegas' Hakkasan". Edmsauce.com. 30 March 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "NERVO @ Boonstock Music Festival – Gibbons, AB Canada 2013". Songkick. Songkick. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "EDC LAS VEGAS 2013 PERFORMERS". Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Nervo: Electric Daisy Carnival London 'Will Be Amazing'". MTV UK. MTV Networks. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2002.
- "Nervo Nation – Ushuaïa, Ibiza – Info, DJ listings and tickets". Ibiza spotlight. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "MTV VMA Party With Ciara & Nervo | Music Hall of Williamsburg | concerts". pulsd. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Kerri Mason (30 September 2013). "TomorrowWorld: With The Odds Stacked Against It, the Festival Delivers". Billboard. Billboard. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Tamara Palmer (21 August 2013). "Live 105 Announces Subsonic Spookfest". NBC Bay Area. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 December 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "EDM scene hits the Central Coast with Avila Beach Party | Mustang News | Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo". Mustang News. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "NERVO". Tomorrowland. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "NERVO "The Other Boys" (featuring Kylie Minogue, Jake Shears &...". Josepvinaixa.com. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2016.