The New Folk Implosion
|The New Folk Implosion|
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 4, 2003|
|Producer||Wally Gagel, Mickey Petralia, Aaron Espinoza|
|The Folk Implosion chronology|
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The New Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
The New Folk Implosion is the final studio album by the American band The Folk Implosion. It was released in 2003 on iMusic. The album was the group's first release without co-founder and writer John Davis.
Exclaim! wrote that the album "features Barlow in fine voice and exploring the catchy guitar rock that's marked his career." Now wrote that "the grittier, guitar-heavy sound stands in contrast to "Natural One"'s slick hiphop slinkiness and One Part Lullaby’s multi-layered marriage of indie rock and electronica."
- Fuse - 4:49 (Barlow, Folk Implosion)
- Brand of Skin - 4:36 (Barlow, Folk Implosion)
- Pearl - 4:51 (Barlow)
- Releast - 5:36 (Barlow, Folk Implosion, Wasif)
- End of Henley - 4:02 (Barlow, Folk Implosion, Wasif)
- Coral - 5:11 (Barlow, Folk Implosion, Wasif)
- Leaving It Up to Me - 4:05 (Barlow, Folk Implosion)
- Creature of Salt - 5:01 (Barlow, Folk Implosion)
- Easy - 4:42 (Barlow)
- Aaron Espinoza - piano
- Greg Kurstin - electric piano
- "The New Folk Implosion". Metacritic. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- AllMusic review
- Larkin, Colin (2006). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Volume 3: MUZE. p. 521.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian David (January 4, 2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9780743201698 – via Google Books.
- "The Folk Implosion: The New Folk Implosion". Pitchfork.
- "The Folk Implosion - The New Folk Implosion". March 1, 2003.
- "Folk Implosion's Barlow coming into his own". chicagotribune.com.
- "Folk Implosion The New Folk Implosion". exclaim.ca.
- Liss, Sarah (March 13, 2003). "Ex-Implosion".