The New Pupil
|The New Pupil|
|Directed by||Edward Cahn|
|Produced by||Jack Chertok
Richard Goldstone for MGM
|Written by||Hal Law
Robert A. McGowan
|Edited by||Adrienne Fazan|
Sally (Juanita Quigley) is a new student at the school that the gang goes to. Upon Sally's arrival, Alfalfa and Spanky literally fall over each other trying to get her attention, leaving the gang's traditional sweetheart Darla in the lurch. But when it turns out that Sally cannot stand either one of the boys, she and Darla cook up a scheme to dampen their romantic aspirations.
Notes and reception
- This film was released before Bubbling Troubles but produced after.
- The New Pupil marked the debut of Billy Laughlin who would play the character "Froggy".
- This marked the final appearance of Harold "Slim" Switzer. At 14 years of age, he was the oldest member of the cast.
- Darla Hood as Darla Hood
- George McFarland as Spanky
- Carl Switzer as Alfalfa
- Mickey Gubitosi (later known as Robert Blake) as Mickey
- Billie Thomas as Buckwheat
- Juanita Quigley as Sally Stevens
- Billy Laughlin as Harold
- Patsy Currier as Darla's friend
- May McAvoy as Sally's mother
- Anne O'Neal as Teacher
- Joe "Corky" Geil as Classroom extra
- Giovanna Gubitosi as Classroom extra
- Paul Hilton as Classroom extra
- Darwood Kaye as Classroom extra
- Tommy McFarland as Classroom extra
- Harold Switzer as Classroom extra
- "New York Times: The-New-Pupil". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
|This article related to a short comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|