The Next Web
Type of site
|Headquarters||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Alexa rank||6,063 |
|Launched||June 10, 2008|
The Next Web (TNW) is a website and annual series of conferences focused on new technology and start-up companies in Europe. The Next Web company was established in 2006 by co-founders Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten and Patrick de Laive in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and a technology news website of the same name was started in 2009. TNW's reporting has been sourced by Wired, Mashable, and the Huffington Post, among others.
According to de Laive, it took one year for TheNextWeb.com to reach 100,000 monthly visitors and as of June 2016, TNW.com gets 8 million to 10 million monthly visitors.
|Genre||Technology and Business|
|Founders||Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, Patrick de Laive|
In 2017, The Next Web's Amsterdam conference came under fire for making misleading statements and having a lack of transparency about paying presenters for speaking appearances and for having a gender gap in the number of its male and female presenters and a gender pay gap in their compensation.
- "Thenextweb.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- Thomas, Aby Sam (June 12, 2016). "Staying On Top Of Generation-T: The Next Web Co-Founder Patrick de Laive". Entrepreneur. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Davies, Jessica (2019-03-05). "The Financial Times buys The Next Web to beef up live events business". Digiday. Retrieved 2019-06-02.
- Gross, Anna (March 5, 2019). "FT acquires majority stake in The Next Web". Financial Times. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- "Top 6 Takeaways from The Next Web". Open Campus. The New School. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Thompson, Rachel (January 26, 2018). "Here's why your Instagram and Facebook feeds are looking bare this morning". Mashable. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Security News This Week". Wired. November 17, 2018. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Emerson, Ramona (January 4, 2012). "Silicon Valley Ryan Gosling: 'Hey Girl' Meme Goes Tech". Huffington Post. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Google's New Podcast App for Android Comes Built into Search and Assistant". Firstpost. April 24, 2018. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands". CES. Consumer Electronics Show. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Ehrenkranz, Melanie (March 15, 2017). "The Next Web tech conference is under fire for stiffing speakers". Mic. Retrieved November 20, 2018.